ISI clears roadblocks outside its headquarters on SC orders
The road was closed in 2008 by the intelligence agency due to security reasons and now it is being opened for traffic on the orders of the Supreme Court after around ten years, local media reported.
The officials of the Capital Development Authority (CDA) and the spy agency inspected the spot and decided to build a new road, covering the green belt area.
At first, the road will be opened for two way traffic and it will be turned into one way traffic after the construction of the new road.
SC gives ISI 4-week extension to open Islamabad's ... 04:08 PM | 16 Oct, 2018
ISLAMABAD - The Supreme Court of Pakistan gave country's premier spy agency another four weeks to reopen the ...
On October 16, the Supreme Court of Pakistan had given country’s premier spy agency another four weeks to reopen the Shahra-i-Suharwardy.
A three-member SC bench headed by Chief justice Mian Saqib Nisar had heard a case regarding removal of encroachments in the capital city.
“The transfer of sensitive devices in the ISI building is taking a long time,” Director Law Branch Ministry of Defence Brigadier Falak Naz told the court.
The official of the defence department said that most of the road has been cleared but it has not been opened for traffic.
“What good is an empty road for the people if it cannot be used,” the chief justice remarked.
After enquiring the defence official, how much more time the ISI would take to open the road, the court gave a four-week extension.
It is worth mentioning here that on July 6, the apex court had ordered to remove roadblocks within two months.
- FM Qureshi arrives in Abu Dhabi, expected to meet his UAE counterpart02:59 PM | 19 Apr, 2021
- AirBlue surprises passengers with huge cut in domestic flight fares02:32 PM | 19 Apr, 2021
- ‘Marry, divorce, remarry’ – Man weds same woman four times for ...02:20 PM | 19 Apr, 2021
- Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed Bin Salman welcomes baby boy01:46 PM | 19 Apr, 2021
- Hiba Bukhari wins hearts by reciting Naat07:23 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- Aamir Liaquat takes a terrible fall during race in Ramadan show ...06:19 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- Pakistani passport still fourth-worst for international travel in 202110:31 AM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021: Pakistan issues new guidelines to stem third Covid wave12:15 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Ten Stars who were Student Athletes04:30 PM | 13 Apr, 2021
- Celebrities photoshopped with their younger selves11:41 AM | 9 Apr, 2021