Former MD PIA Ejaz Haroon arrested in corruption case
KARACHI – Federal Investigation Authorities have arrested PIA’s former managing director Ejaz Haroon along with Haneef Pathan, the former director of human resources for the airline today (Saturday).
The two accused were arrested by a federal investigative institution for misuse of authority, alleged involvement in financial irregularities, and recruiting personnel illegally in the PIA: sources.
As per the sources, the arrests were made after a detailed investigation.
In 2018, it was reported that the FIA had launched an inquiry against Haroon, for allegedly committing massive corruption, being involved in money laundering, and accumulating assets beyond known sources of income abroad.
Earlier in 2011 former managing director, Ejaz Haroon had stepped down from the post after the national carrier's employees had protested against his appointment.
- Smog issue: Punjab decides to close brick kilns till Nov 701:52 PM | 28 Oct, 2020
- Pakistan Mission to the UN observed Kashmir Black Day in Solidarity ...01:43 PM | 28 Oct, 2020
- Celebrity makeup artist Shoaib Khan recreates Halime Sultan’s look01:31 PM | 28 Oct, 2020
- PM Imran arrives in Lahore for a day-long visit today09:21 AM | 28 Oct, 2020
- FIA arrests ‘RAW spy’ involved in target killings, bombings from ...04:14 PM | 25 Oct, 2020
- PM Imran slams France's Macron for deliberately provoking Muslims02:46 PM | 25 Oct, 2020
- 15 men gang-raped, filmed teenage sisters in Punjab02:16 PM | 25 Oct, 2020