PCB terminates contract with PSL's int'l media rights holder
LAHORE – The Pakistan Cricket Board on Thursday announced it has terminated the contract of the Pakistan Super League 2020 international media rights partner following a series of breaches, including matters relating to payments.
Techfront International FZE had secured PSL’s international media rights from 2019-2021, but due to a series of contractual violations, the PCB has terminated the agreement.
All that you need to know about PCB’s three-year broadcast deal with PTV Sports. pic.twitter.com/Z2XdDTI412— PCB Media (@TheRealPCBMedia) September 17, 2020
It comes a day after the country's cricket board inked a satellite broadcast deal with the national sports television (PTV Sports) and signed a further agreement to secure cable distribution with I-Media Communication Services.
The broadcast deal will be effective for the 2020-2023 cycle.
The agreements were signed in the presence of Prime Minister Imran Khan who is also the patron of the Board.
- PM expresses ‘deep grief’ over tragic deaths in Jalalabad stampede11:17 PM | 21 Oct, 2020
- Arab world’s modern-day cultural pioneers, intellectuals to convene ...10:42 PM | 21 Oct, 2020
- COAS Bajwa visits forward areas at Chamb sector along LoC09:56 PM | 21 Oct, 2020
- US President Trump has active bank account in China, reveals leading ...09:15 PM | 21 Oct, 2020
- Lahore CCPO Sheikh mysteriously goes on leave a day after leaked ...08:29 PM | 21 Oct, 2020
- Fast & Furious franchise soon to reach the finish line!03:24 PM | 21 Oct, 2020
- Imran Abbas meets Ertugrul star Cem Uçan in Turkey02:23 PM | 21 Oct, 2020
- Shahid Afridi celebrates 20 years of marriage01:17 PM | 21 Oct, 2020
- At least five killed, 20 injured in explosion near Karachi's Maskan ...10:27 AM | 21 Oct, 2020
- India bars Zimbabwe head coach from travelling to Pakistan03:08 PM | 20 Oct, 2020
- PM Imran Khan enjoyed PDM’s rallies, says Faisal Javed01:12 PM | 20 Oct, 2020
- SC commission to look after Bahria Town funds11:27 AM | 20 Oct, 2020