Former Sindh CM Mumtaz Bhutto passes away in Karachi
KARACHI – Former Sindh chief minister Mumtaz Bhutto breathed his last at the age of 88.
Reports quoting family sources of Bhutto said he passed away at his residence in the provincial capital after a protracted illness. His body will be sent to Larkana at 6pm for funeral prayers.
Bhutto, once known as the ‘talented cousin’ of former Prime Minister and the founder of PPP Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto, founded the SNF in the 1980s after developing differences with the then PPP leadership. He also remained the Sindh Chief Minister and Governor in the 1970s.
Earlier in 2017, Bhutto announced the merger of his party, the Sindh National Front (SNF), with the ruling party Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI). Before that, Mumtaz merged his party with Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz in 2013 but later parted ways when differences emerged between them.
More to follow...
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...08:44 AM | 8 Dec, 2022
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan – 08 December 202208:22 AM | 8 Dec, 2022
- Japan pledges nearly $39 million in assistance for Pakistan’s flood ...11:18 PM | 7 Dec, 2022
- Bangladesh stun India to clinch ODI series10:57 PM | 7 Dec, 2022
- Afghan Taliban publicly execute man for the first time since ...10:24 PM | 7 Dec, 2022
- Newlyweds Azlan Shah and Warisha Khan share their beautiful love story09:00 PM | 7 Dec, 2022
- ‘The Legend of Maula Jatt’ becomes Google’s most searched movie ...06:38 PM | 7 Dec, 2022
- Hira Mani slays fashion goals with friends in latest video07:57 PM | 7 Dec, 2022
- Top 10 most searched people on Google in Pakistan in 202206:07 PM | 7 Dec, 2022
- Pakistan's first female Supreme Court judge earns place in BBC '100 ...01:24 PM | 7 Dec, 2022
- Karachi among world’s least expensive cities in new report09:30 PM | 2 Dec, 2022
- Timeline of Pakistan Army Generals during country’s 75 year-long ...10:28 AM | 29 Nov, 2022