IMCTC Commander Gen (r) Raheel Sharif gets one-year extension in service
Pakistan's former military chief was appointed to the slot towards the end of May 2017 and was issued No Objection Certificate by Islamabad to serve the Riyadh-based alliance after retiring from the Army.
The general and his family were granted five-year multiple visas of Saudi Arabia and he toured Pakistan earlier this year ahead of the arrival of Saudi Arabia's Crown Prince Mohamed bin Salman.
The incumbent Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf-led government had issued NOC to the former military chief in January this year.
The extension in service to lead the 41-country alliance comes at a time when Islamabad and Riyadh are cementing ties under the leadership of Prime Minister Imran Khan who has visited the kingdom multiple times after assuming charge, The News reported.
- Lahore cop arrested for obscene act at woman during raid (VIDEO)07:22 PM | 31 Jul, 2021
- Kandahar at 'serious risk of falling' as Taliban besiege key cities ...07:00 PM | 31 Jul, 2021
- Pillion riding allowed as Sindh revises certain Covid lockdown ...06:43 PM | 31 Jul, 2021
- Vaccination process in Islamabad, Rawalpindi suspended as online ...05:56 PM | 31 Jul, 2021
- Kashmir Premier League: Bonanza Satrangi signs up with Muzaffarabad ...04:59 PM | 31 Jul, 2021
- Birthday wishes pour in as Kiara Advani turns 2902:54 PM | 31 Jul, 2021
- Ertugrul actresses Esra Bilgic, Gulsim Ali sad over Turkey forest ...11:55 PM | 30 Jul, 2021
- Yumna Zaidi shares adorable photos of her 32nd birthday09:31 PM | 30 Jul, 2021
- Stars who used apps to find love08:02 PM | 24 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021