Meet Yasmeen Al-Maimani - Saudi Arabia's first commercial female pilot
JEDDAH - Saudi women are playing an important part in the sustainable development of the Kingdom’s human capital, and their empowerment in the recent times has played a vital role in Saudi Arabia’s National Transformation Program (NTP) 2020.
Since the last year, many Saudi women have been appointed to leadership positions, especially in the financial sector. Recently, first ever in Saudi Arabia history, a female gets permission to become a national level commercial pilot.
Yes, you read it right! Saudi national Yasmeen Al-Maimani has become the first Saudi female pilot in commercial airlines, after obtaining her aviation license from the Saudi Civil Aviation Authority in six years.
Reportedly, she exchanged her American license with a Saudi one in 2013. She had completed 300 hours of flying practice in the United States after getting her qualifications in Jordan.
Yasmin had revealed her joy and excitement by sharing her selfie in the cockpit, saying, “Thank God, I achieved my dream today. Released as First Officer”.
View this post on Instagram
Elhamdullah achieved my dream today"Released as First Officer ”❤️🙏🏼الحمد لله الذي بنعمته تتم الصالحات رسمياً اليوم انا طيار مساعد ولمن يبحثون عن المسميات انا اعتبر اول طيار أنثى في شركات الطيران التجاري بالمملكة العربية السعودية #ladypilot #nesmaairlines #femalepilot #saudiairlines
Earlier in 2013, Saudi Arabia government officials had registered their first female trainee lawyer, Arwa al-Hujaili, who is also the first Saudi woman to attain an aircraft dispatcher license.
The very same year, Saudi women were first allowed to ride bicycles, although only around parks and other "recreational areas."They must also be dressed in full Islamic body coverings and be accompanied by a male relative.
Such achievements by women in a conservative Muslim state like Saudi Arabia prove that liberal ideology is being elevated in the eastern part of the world.
Isn't it great?
- Pakistan elected as Chairperson of UN Convention on Certain ...08:44 AM | 15 Nov, 2019
- Ali Zafar performs soulful rendition of Allama Iqbal’s 'Lab Pe Aati ...11:38 PM | 14 Nov, 2019
- One dead, several injured in California high school shooting11:26 PM | 14 Nov, 2019
- Sharif family preferred money to Nawaz’s health: Firdous Ashiq Awan10:28 PM | 14 Nov, 2019
- Armed men placed to protect tomato farms from thieves in Sindh09:32 PM | 14 Nov, 2019
- Priyanka Chopra and Nick Jonas spend whopping $20 million on new home ...03:03 PM | 14 Nov, 2019
- Azadi March: Chaudhry brothers active for compromise talks as Fazl ...12:08 AM | 5 Nov, 2019
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019
- Google releases the list of most popular Pakistani YouTube Ads of 201803:31 PM | 25 Jan, 2019