Chinese ambassador to Israel found dead inside home
TEL AVIV – Authorities have launched an investigation after the Chinese ambassador to Israel was found dead on Sunday at his home in the outskirts of Tel Aviv.
Du Wei, 57, had arrived in Israel in mid-February. His wife and son were not with him in his home in Herzliya.
Initial reports said staff had found Du dead in his bed and that there were no signs of violence, the Haaretz daily reported.
Du had previously served as ambassador to Ukraine, according to his biography on the embassy's website.
The Chinese foreign ministry is yet to issue a statement on his death.
- Special immigration counter opened for Chinese nationals at Islamabad ...11:36 PM | 23 Jul, 2021
- Afghan protesters storm Pakistan High Commission in London10:42 PM | 23 Jul, 2021
- IT ministry makes use of indigenous messaging app mandatory for govt ...10:08 PM | 23 Jul, 2021
- DG ISI arrives in Beijing for strategic talks with Chinese officials08:47 PM | 23 Jul, 2021
- Shilpa Shetty breaks silence after husband’s arrest in pornography ...03:49 PM | 23 Jul, 2021
- Iqra Aziz and Yasir Hussain welcome first baby03:16 PM | 23 Jul, 2021
- Pakistani stars demand #JusticeForNoor02:42 PM | 23 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021