PM Shehbaz-led coalition govt decides to complete tenure amid political, economic challenges
ISLAMABAD – The coalition government under Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif has decided to complete its constitutional term till August 23 in a bid to drive the country out of economic crisi.
The decision was taken in a meeting, which was attended by JUI-F chief Maulana Fazlur Rehman, PPP Co-chairman Asif Ali Zardari, MQM-P's Khalid Maqbool Siddiqui, and federal ministers Azam Nazeer Tarar and Khawaja Asif.
Apart from the discussion on prevailing political situation in the country, the meeting also discussed the Supreme Court of Pakistan's verdict on a presidential reference related to interpretation of Article 63 (A) of the constitution. It also discussed the situation arising in Punjab after the top court’s ruling as several PTI provincial lawmakers voted for Hamza Shahbaz Sharif in chief minister election in violation of party line.
Reports said that the coalition partners assured PM Shehbaz of full support in every situation. They also asked the premier to take measures to stabilise the worsening economic crisis.
The five-week-old government has been multiple challenges on economic and political fronts as on one side, dollar continues to again rupee and PTI chief Imran Khan is putting pressure on it for snap election on the other side.
Vote of defected lawmakers not to be counted, ... 06:00 PM | 17 May, 2022
ISLAMABAD – The Supreme Court has announcing its verdict on the presidential reference for the interpretation of ...
- Former PM Imran Khan arrives at Judge Zeba Chaudhry’s court to ...11:15 AM | 30 Sep, 2022
- US envoy again denies seeking regime change, says he supports ...10:44 AM | 30 Sep, 2022
- Pakistan’s new finance chief urges IMF to ease harsh economic ...10:15 AM | 30 Sep, 2022
- Audio leaks: All eyes on dark web ‘hacker’ who announces ...09:48 AM | 30 Sep, 2022
- PAKvENG: Confident Pakistan look to seal series against England in ...09:15 AM | 30 Sep, 2022
- Tuba Anwar and Mathira's virtual spat gets serious07:43 PM | 29 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani toddler bags 22 records11:46 PM | 29 Sep, 2022
- Nora Fatehi's new dance video sets internet on fire07:10 PM | 29 Sep, 2022
- Pakistan, India lose ranking on UN’s human development index07:32 PM | 10 Sep, 2022
- Movies lineup for 2022-23 in Pakistan08:01 PM | 1 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani passport ranked 4th worst on list of 19911:59 PM | 23 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022