Mansha Pasha slams Twitter users over comparing Pakistani actresses to Kate Middleton
LAHORE- Looks like the Duchess of Cambridge is turning heads wherever she goes. Kate looked absolutely graceful in all of her outfits and has seems to have developed a taste for herself in terms of eastern wear.
But the internet has been too busy bashing the local celebrities for their choice of clothes:
I'm sorry but these pictures are actually a big slap on our so called liberal society and specifically actresses. Look how she's respecting our cultural values by wearing these dresses. This shows our perception in her mind. Thank You Her Highness. #RoyaltourPakistan pic.twitter.com/NQLAE49bo0— R I D A 🦋 (@__SyedaRida) October 15, 2019
Being done with the mindless comparisons, the Laal Kabootar actor slams patriarchy and misogyny all in one tweet, and we're here for it!
She argued that people in the UK don’t feel that Kate Middleton is abandoning her culture when she wears a kurta, but everyone here thinks Pakistani women are abandoning their culture when they wear anything else.
As much as im loving seeing Kate Middleton in desi outfits, its getting tiring to read "Pak actresses ko in se kapray pehna seekhna chahiye."— Mansha Pasha (@manshapasha) October 15, 2019
Gora complex doesnt mean u start criticising Pakistani actresses P.S. shes a royal and thus has to dress as per protocol.
"As much as I'm loving seeing Kate Middleton in desi outfits, its getting tiring to read : Pak actresses ko in se kapray pehna seekhna chahiye. Gora complex doesn't mean u start criticising Pakistani actresses P.S. she's a royal and thus has to dress as per protocol," wrote Pasha.
However, people still didn't agree with her:
Realy you are right Mansha Pasha nudity is your class and to cover full body is royal...mark the difference 🙄😏😏😏— Sahar Imran Khan (@saharimkhan) October 18, 2019
So accordingly the dress protocol to visit Pakistan is shalwar kameez and dupatta right? So it should apply to Pakistani representing Pakistan also, correct?— Maria Ashraf (@ashrafmaria01) October 15, 2019
So wht u want hamay Pakistani actress ko back less wear krne pe support krna chye?— Sarfraz Alam (@sarfrazalam35) October 16, 2019
Mam ap log muslims hein or ap pr jism dhanpna frz hai or farz pura na krny ki saza tou ap janti hungi or gora complex tou paki actresses ko hota baqi aam awam ki zindagi tou normal guzr rahi hoti ap log agr islam ko follow ni kr skti tou muslim ka tag utar den— pyalsaaz112 (@pyalsaaaz) October 16, 2019
Have more to add to the story? Comment below and stay tuned for more!
- China expresses pleasure over Pakistan’s approval of ML-1 project11:50 PM | 12 Aug, 2020
- Biden picks Kamala Harris as his 2020 vice presidential running mate11:36 PM | 12 Aug, 2020
- Pillion riding banned in Sindh on Muharram 9, 1011:14 PM | 12 Aug, 2020
- Pakistan strongly condemns anti-Islam Facebook post by Indian ...10:07 PM | 12 Aug, 2020
- Hafeez quarantined in England for taking photo with 90-year-old lady ...09:10 PM | 12 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020