Meesha Shafi files Rs20m lawsuit against Ali Zafar
LAHORE - Pakistani singer Meesha Shafi has filed a two billion rupees damages suit against Ali Zafar, claiming that he has caused her “mental torture and agony,” and damaged her reputation and goodwill at the Lahore sessions court.
She has also asked the court to declare Ali’s statements as “false, malicious and defamatory” and that they ruined her reputation. She also demanded that he be restrained from making any more statements against her.
Ali had earlier filed a one billion rupees defamation suit against Meesha that is underway in Lahore sessions court. Both Ali and Meesha did rounds of television talk shows and spoke about the allegations against them and their own version of what happened.
Earlier in April 2018, Meesha had tweeted that Ali Zafar had sexually harassed her. Ali denied the allegations and the case is currently in court.
Following the accusations, Meesha had then filed a sexual harassment case against him which was dismissed since it could not be determined that the alleged sexual harassment took place in a workplace. Ali then filed a defamation case against Meesha, and Meesha sent him a defamation notice in May. She has now filed the defamation suit.
What is your say on this? Let us know in the comments section below.
- UNSC expresses serious concern over current IIOJ&K situation03:10 PM | 6 Aug, 2020
- PM Imran chairs CCI meeting in Islamabad02:30 PM | 6 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020