Sweden’s Princess Sofia joins fight against coronavirus outbreak
Princess Sofia of Sweden is temporarily replacing her tiara with scrubs amid the COVID-19 pandemic.
As the ongoing pandemic continues to impact people around the world, one member of the royalty has come forward to help the ones in need.
After completing an intensive training program online, Princess Sofia has is now a medical assistant at Sophiahemmet Hospital.
The princess, married to Prince Carl Philip, posted a picture on Instagram, wearing her navy blue scrubs, and her new name tag, with “Sofia” printed in all capital letters.
"Last week, I went through a medical education with a major in health, care and care at @sophiahemmet," she revealed to her followers. "Within the framework of the ‘emergency response,' I am now placed in one of the hospital's care units where, together with other newly trained colleagues, I support and relieve the care staff with various tasks, including care of patients and cleaning."
According to Pia Hultkrantz, spokeswoman for Sophiahemmet Hospital, the princess won’t directly engage with patients, but will be helping doctors and nurses through kitchen shifts, disinfecting instruments and cleaning.
The mother-of-two, Sofia is the honorary chairman of the Stockholm hospital.
Recently, Sweden reported 13,216 confirmed cases of Covid-19 and 1,400 deaths
Have more to add to the story? Comment below and stay tuned for more!
- Pakistan reduces import of Ozone depleting substances to 50pc11:52 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- Opposition announces Pakistan Democratic Movement against ...11:34 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- Khobragade's posting at Indian HC incommensurate with Pakistan's ...11:21 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- WAPDA opens jobs for locals in Gilgit-Baltistan10:59 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- Pakistan Railways introduces two new trains10:21 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- Prince Harry, Meghan Markle make it to the list of Time’s 100 most ...01:14 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- Keanu Reeves reveals that The Matrix 4 is to be a Love Story01:11 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- I learnt how to ride a bike for 'Quaid e Azam Zindabad': Mahira Khan06:11 PM | 19 Sep, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020