Ozzy Osbourne reveals Parkinson's disease diagnosis
Ozzy Osbourne has revealed he has been diagnosed with Parkinson’s disease after a year of health problems.
In an interview with Robin Roberts on "Good Morning America," Osbourne and his wife and manager, Sharon, said the rocker was diagnosed with the neurodegenerative disorder last February.
"It's been terribly challenging for us all. I did my last show New Year's Eve at The Forum," Osbourne, 71, said referring to his Dec. 31, 2018 show in Los Angeles. "Then I had a bad fall. I had to have surgery on my neck, which screwed all my nerves."
Sharon elaborated a little more on Parkin's II, adding it does affect Ozzy's body but is not a death sentence.
"It’s Parkin’s II, which a form of Parkinson’s. There are so many different types of Parkinson’s. It’s not a death sentence by any stretch of the imagination, but it does affect certain nerves in your body. It’s like you have a good day, a good day, and then a really bad day."
There's been plenty of speculation about the musician's health since he postponed his concert dates last year.
In the year since his diagnosis, Ozzy has been recovering at home with the help of his wife, Sharon Osbourne, and taking medication for the disease. He will be travelling to Switzerland for further treatment.
Here's wishing the singer a speedy recovery.
Have more to add to the story? Comment below and stay tuned for more!
- 'Killing grandfather in front of his grandson, a chilling reminder of ...04:15 PM | 2 Jul, 2020
- PACRA maintains entity, additional tier 1 TFC and TFC-II ratings of ...03:51 PM | 2 Jul, 2020
- Daraz Humqadam Program: Rs 8 Crore subsidy provided to 45,000 Sellers ...03:33 PM | 2 Jul, 2020
- PM Imran announces establishment of 15 national parks across the ...02:21 PM | 2 Jul, 2020
- Long, hard road ahead to beat COVID-19: WHO01:08 PM | 2 Jul, 2020
- Mehwish Hayat writes a heartwarming birthday wish for filmmaker Uzma ...12:57 PM | 1 Jul, 2020
- Kylie Jenner’s cosmetics partner sues Coty after investment12:18 PM | 1 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020