Saudia Arabia to screen first Bollywood movie Gold starring Akshay Kumar
JEDDAH - Film star Akshay Kumar's Gold will be first ever Bollywood movie to be displayed at Saudia Arabia cinemas. Gold starring Akshay Kumar, Mouni Roy is also getting success in India and worldwide also.
The film, based on 1948 London Olympics, is the second movie after Rajinikanth’s hit social drama, Kaala to hit the theatres in the Gulf country, stated The Indian Express.
The Padman Moviestar also shared this great news on his Twitter account saying:
The story of India’s first Gold medal victory for the first time in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. Happy to share, #Gold is the first ever Bollywood movie to release in the Kingdom Of Saudi Arabia, in cinemas from today! @excelmovies @ZeeStudiosInt— Akshay Kumar (@akshaykumar) August 30, 2018
Gold is the fictional re-telling of India’s iconic win at the London Olympics. The film also stars Amit Sadh, Kunal Kapoor and Vineet Kumar Singh in pivotal roles.
Life in Saudia is changing, The country's first cinema in more than 35 years opened on April 18 in Riyadh. The government plans to open up to 40 theatres across the country over the next five years.
Saudi Arabia had some cinemas in the 1970s but its powerful clerics closed them, reflecting rising Islamist influence throughout the Arab region at the time. Let's watch the trailer for Gold :
The movie was released on August 15, 2018.
- Pakistan announces to reopen all sectors with sops09:47 AM | 7 Aug, 2020
- Japan extends grant assistance worth 318m JPY to Pakistan09:15 AM | 7 Aug, 2020
- PM Imran welcomes UNSC members for again taking up IIOJ&K dispute08:35 AM | 7 Aug, 2020
- Shan Masood, Muhammad Abbas uplift Pakistan in first England Test12:59 AM | 7 Aug, 2020
- Coronavirus — Public sector schools opened in KP11:45 PM | 6 Aug, 2020
- Angelina Jolie wants reconciliation between Brad Pitt and kids02:57 PM | 6 Aug, 2020
- I had an inferiority complex and grew up applying fairness creams: ...01:31 PM | 6 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020