MQM's Wasim Akhtar, Anees Qaimkhani of PSP arrested from courtroom after bail pleas rejected
KARACHI - The leaders of Muttahida Qaumi Movement (MQM), Wasim Akhtar and Abdul Rauf Siddiqui, and Anees Qaimkhani of Pak Sarzameen Party (PSP) were arrested from the courtroom after the court rejected their pleas for an extension in pre-arrest bails, local media reported on Tuesday.
A similar petition of Abdul Qadir Patel of Pakistan People's Party (PPP) was also dismissed, however, he fled the court successfully.
According to details, all of the arrested leaders, Abdul Qadir Patel and two others were named in a case registered under the anti-terrorism act. They were shifted to Karachi Central Jail.
They have been accused of requesting PPP politician Dr Asim Hussain, who is already in detention, to shelter and treat criminals and terrorists at his hospital, Ziauddin Trust Hospital, in Karachi.
- How much does Ahmed Shah earn from Fahad Mustafa’s Jeeto Pakistan?08:41 PM | 23 May, 2020
- Zara Abid presumed dead, not amongst the survivors of PIA plane crash05:13 PM | 23 May, 2020
- Netflix announces Élite season 4 with returning cast members04:07 PM | 23 May, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020