WB lauds steps taken by Pakistan for economic stability
Talking to a delegation of World Bank headed by Vice President South Asia Hartwig Schafer in Islamabad, he said that these sectors which have a huge potential towards the uplift of the poor and poverty alleviation.
A delegation of World Bank headed by Mr. Hartwig Schafer, Vice President South Asia called on Prime Minister Imran Khan at PM Office Islamabad. Delegation appreciated Prime Minister's vision on the economic stability of the country. pic.twitter.com/HGs6XkVEjY— Government of Pakistan (@GovtofPakistan) March 19, 2019
He highlighted various steps being taken by the government towards economic stability, poverty alleviation and improving ease of doing business in the country.
The delegation comprised of Vice President Human Development Annete Dixon, Country Director Illangovan Patchamuthu, Operations Manager Melinda Good and Senior Country Manager IFC Nadeem Siddiqui. Special Assistant of Prime Minister on Political Affairs Naeem-ul-Haq, Secretary Finance Arif Ahmed Khan and others were also present in the meeting.
The delegation appreciated Prime Minister's vision on the economic stability of the country, human development and addressing the issue of stunted growth due to malnutrition. It briefed the Prime Minister about various ongoing projects of the WB in various sectors including water supply, sewerage and waste management, transportation and connectivity, capacity building and ease of doing business in the country.
The delegation also offered WB's assistance in attracting foreign investments, analytics, sharing of expertise and technical knowledge in various sectors to help the Government translate its vision into reality.
Welcoming the offer, the Prime Minister appreciated World Bank's continued engagement with Pakistan and its support towards capacity building, infrastructure development and economic growth.
- President Alvi signs bill for use of EVMs in Pakistan’s next ...10:08 PM | 2 Dec, 2021
- MDCAT mandatory for admission to medical colleges, rules Pakistan's ...09:04 PM | 2 Dec, 2021
- Pakistan set to join ADB’s first ever Energy Transition Mechanism08:35 PM | 2 Dec, 2021
- Two million Pakistanis to go abroad for jobs in next 2 years, hopes ...07:45 PM | 2 Dec, 2021
- Bloodbath at PSX as KSE-100 index plummets over 2,000 points07:08 PM | 2 Dec, 2021
- Minal Khan shares a dreamy throwback video from her Maldives vacation04:20 PM | 2 Dec, 2021
- Salman Khan's family not invited to Katrina Kaif and Vicky Kaushal's ...03:45 PM | 2 Dec, 2021
- Merub Ali spills the beans about her relationship with Asim Azhar03:15 PM | 2 Dec, 2021