Prince Harry and Meghan Markle sever ties with british tabloid newspapers
Nearly three weeks after officially stepping down from their positions as senior royals, Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are cutting ties with four British tabloids.
Issuing a strongly-worded letter to the editors on Sunday night, the couple announced, “there will be no corroboration and zero engagement.”
The letter, which was penned by a representative for both Harry and Meghan, alleged the four publications of writing “distorted, false or invasive” stories about them.
It states: “It is gravely concerning that an influential slice of the media, over many years, has sought to insulate themselves from taking accountability for what they say or print – even when they know it to be distorted, false, or invasive beyond reason.”
NEW: In a Sunday night letter, Prince Harry and Meghan Markle have written to editors of the four major British tabloids - The Sun, Daily Express, Daily Mirror and Daily Mail - promising never to work with them again, barring all access into the future. The letter in full: pic.twitter.com/V4CWc8jKu5— Mark Di Stefano (@MarkDiStef) April 19, 2020
The letter continues: “With that said, please note that the Duke and Duchess of Sussex will not be engaging with your outlet. There will be no corroboration and zero engagement.
“This is also a policy being instated for their communications team, in order to protect that team from the side of the industry that readers never see.”
“Media have every right to report on and indeed have an opinion on the Duke and Duchess of Sussex, good or bad. But it can’t be based on a lie,” the letter concludes.
The British media has been criticized for its coverage of the duchess since even before she became a member of the royal family.
Meghan and Harry officially quit their royal life on March 31. They are now officially starting their lives in Los Angeles, far away from the of the royal realm.
Have more to add to the story? Comment below and stay tuned for more!
- One boy died, another badly hurt due to dogs biting02:25 PM | 6 Jun, 2020
- Brace Yourselves for the Live Broadcast Launch of TECNO’s Spark 5 ...01:19 PM | 6 Jun, 2020
- Sindh launches online education for primary schools amid COVID-1912:29 PM | 6 Jun, 2020
- COVID-19: Hafeez urges int'l agencies for evaluating losses to ...11:11 AM | 6 Jun, 2020
- Kanye West donates $2 million, establishes college fund for George ...08:24 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- Meghan Markle speaks out about ‘Black Lives Matter’07:17 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- Naveed Raza urges people to stop denying the existence of coronavirus06:51 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020