Pakistani university bans use of smartphones for students
PESHAWAR – A public university for women in northwestern Pakistan province of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa has barred students from using smartphones while attending the varsity.
A notification issued by the Women University Swabi said that the restriction will come into effect on April 20 (Wednesday).
“It is notified for the information of all students that smart phones/touch screen mobiles or tablets will not be allowed in the premises of Women University Swabi with effect from 20th April. 2022,” read the notification.
The administration noted that extensive use of social media applications affect the performance of the students, besides having baneful effect on their behaviour.
“In case of any violation of the instructions, the authorities will take strict disciplinary proceedings by confiscating mobile phone and imposing a fine of Rs. 5000,” it added.
University of Agriculture bans fitted jeans, ... 09:52 AM | 29 Dec, 2021
FAISALABAD – Months after Pakistan’s Federal Directorate of Education issued a new dress code, the Toba Tek ...
- ARY CEO booked, news head arrested as TV station taken off air over ...04:29 PM | 10 Aug, 2022
- Grenade attack kills one, wounds five others in Balochistan's Khuzdar03:51 PM | 10 Aug, 2022
- PTI moves IHC against ECP's ruling on prohibited funding case02:10 PM | 10 Aug, 2022
- Ertugrul star Burcu Kiratli’s new bold video in swimming pool sets ...01:28 PM | 10 Aug, 2022
- Sadaf Kanwal, Shahroz Sabzwari welcome their first child09:24 PM | 9 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani stars celebrate Eidul-Adha in style06:20 PM | 10 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani celebrities who are performing Hajj 202210:16 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Films releasing in Pakistan on Eidul Adha 202211:51 PM | 5 Jul, 2022