Pakistani university bans use of smartphones for students
PESHAWAR – A public university for women in northwestern Pakistan province of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa has barred students from using smartphones while attending the varsity.
A notification issued by the Women University Swabi said that the restriction will come into effect on April 20 (Wednesday).
“It is notified for the information of all students that smart phones/touch screen mobiles or tablets will not be allowed in the premises of Women University Swabi with effect from 20th April. 2022,” read the notification.
The administration noted that extensive use of social media applications affect the performance of the students, besides having baneful effect on their behaviour.
“In case of any violation of the instructions, the authorities will take strict disciplinary proceedings by confiscating mobile phone and imposing a fine of Rs. 5000,” it added.
University of Agriculture bans fitted jeans, ... 09:52 AM | 29 Dec, 2021
FAISALABAD – Months after Pakistan’s Federal Directorate of Education issued a new dress code, the Toba Tek ...
- 'Put your anda paratha on your status instead of copying other ...12:19 AM | 30 Jun, 2022
- Pakistan slams Indian attempt to link Udaipur accused to Pakistani ...11:56 PM | 29 Jun, 2022
- Pakistan's new coalition govt considering cheap oil import from ...11:29 PM | 29 Jun, 2022
- Reporter's mispronunciation of Kubra Khan's name results in laughter09:12 PM | 29 Jun, 2022
- Saba Qamar stuns fans with new dance video07:54 PM | 29 Jun, 2022
- Shopping hacks: How to save more to keep up with inflation06:03 PM | 29 Jun, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022
- 42 Pakistani universities make it to Times Higher Education Asia ...07:52 PM | 1 Jun, 2022
- Four Pakistanis make it to Forbes 30 Under 30 Asia List 202209:53 PM | 28 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022