Sindh cabinet approves creation of another district in Karachi
KARACHI – The Sindh cabinet on Thursday gave go-ahead for creation of a new district in Keamari area by bifurcating Karachi’s District West.
Sindh Chief Minister Syed Murad Ali Shah’s spokesperson said that the new district will comprise Site, Baldia, Harbour and Maripur sub-divisions.
He said that population-wise west district is largest one in the province with 3,914,757 people in this region.
Keamari will be the seventh district in Karachi as earlier there are six districts – South, East, West, Malir, Korangi and Central.
The Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP) had created the Korangi district in 2013.
During the meeting, the chief minister recommended ‘District Karachi’ as name of the new district. He also called for naming other districts after the famous areas of the city.
He said that a few ministers have suggested dividing Khairpur into two districts as well.
MQM-P and PTI have opposed the decision and vowed to challenge the decision of new district in the court.
- Suzuki likely to unveil 9th Generation Alto this year11:48 PM | 19 Sep, 2020
- Pakistan to create tech-based farms to promote exports11:04 PM | 19 Sep, 2020
- Pakistan’s UN envoy Munir intensified efforts to accomplish ...09:57 PM | 19 Sep, 2020
- PAMI elects Prof Dr. Chaudhry Abdul Rehman as new president08:50 PM | 19 Sep, 2020
- Queen Elizabeth strips disgraced Harvey Weinstein of top royal honour02:43 PM | 19 Sep, 2020
- Asim Abbasi apologises for copying French artist Malika Favre's work ...02:30 PM | 19 Sep, 2020
- Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy roped in to co-direct a Marvel film01:48 PM | 19 Sep, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020