Kiran Foundation pulls off remarkable work at Lyari for the locals, an area once famous for gang wars
LAHORE - The Kiran Foundation, a non-governmental organisation, has transformed the streets of Lyari with a beautiful vibe. Tiles were fixed on the outer walls of around 22 houses situated on the street. The walls were decorated with patterns and bright colours made sure that the area that was once infested with gang wars is now colourful and pretty like it should have been way earlier.
According to the residents, the streets of Lyari were once filled with garbage and sewage but this is healthy change for their environment.
The district municipal corporation chairman and the vice-chairman of the area were requested to clean the street many times, they added. No step was taken to ensure the cleanliness or change.
Mehroze, a volunteer who helped out with the paint work said she has "contributed to beautifying Lyari".
This is one amazing initiative. People are ready to volunteer and we hope they are ready to keep the area clean like never before. The age of gang wars is over.
- American company to set up first ever manufacturing unit of ...12:24 AM | 25 Feb, 2020
- US relations with Pakistan 'very good one': Trump tells rally in India10:39 PM | 24 Feb, 2020
- Operation Swift Retort: PAF releases new song in connection with ...10:18 PM | 24 Feb, 2020
- Jake Paul deletes Tweet about Zayn Malik after getting dissed by ...08:03 PM | 24 Feb, 2020
- On Sridevi's 2nd death anniversary, Janhvi Kapoor shares throwback ...02:28 PM | 24 Feb, 2020
- Local authorities close Venice Carnival early on virus fears: report12:52 PM | 24 Feb, 2020
- Top 10 most searched people of 2019 in Pakistan06:52 PM | 12 Feb, 2020
- Top five impressive benefits of Orange juice07:14 PM | 6 Feb, 2020
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019