Kiran Foundation pulls off remarkable work at Lyari for the locals, an area once famous for gang wars
LAHORE - The Kiran Foundation, a non-governmental organisation, has transformed the streets of Lyari with a beautiful vibe. Tiles were fixed on the outer walls of around 22 houses situated on the street. The walls were decorated with patterns and bright colours made sure that the area that was once infested with gang wars is now colourful and pretty like it should have been way earlier.
According to the residents, the streets of Lyari were once filled with garbage and sewage but this is healthy change for their environment.
The district municipal corporation chairman and the vice-chairman of the area were requested to clean the street many times, they added. No step was taken to ensure the cleanliness or change.
Mehroze, a volunteer who helped out with the paint work said she has "contributed to beautifying Lyari".
This is one amazing initiative. People are ready to volunteer and we hope they are ready to keep the area clean like never before. The age of gang wars is over.
- Pakistan surpasses 95,000 cases of coronavirus – 1,935 confirmed ...03:31 PM | 6 Jun, 2020
- One boy died, another badly hurt due to dogs biting02:25 PM | 6 Jun, 2020
- Zaheer Abbas looks like Money Heist‘s 'Professor’, says Mehwish ...02:24 PM | 6 Jun, 2020
- Brace Yourselves for the Live Broadcast Launch of TECNO’s Spark 5 ...01:19 PM | 6 Jun, 2020
- Kanye West donates $2 million, establishes college fund for George ...08:24 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- Meghan Markle speaks out about ‘Black Lives Matter’07:17 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020