ECP seeks deployment of military troops for General Elections 2018
The electoral body has forwarded a summary to the Ministry of Defence for the deployment of troops which is pending approval.
The polls watchdog has also decided to make the information pertaining to candidates contesting in the polls available online so that voters can see the details of candidates' assets and their affidavits.
Meanwhile, the returning officers (ROs) have started the process of scanning data and sending it to Election Commission Secretariat.
Imran Khan, Shahid Khaqan Abbasi among others ... 03:59 PM | 19 Jun, 2018
ISLAMABAD - The Returning officer has rejected the nomination papers of Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf chief Imran Khan as ...
Just a day earlier, the ECP constituted 20 tribunals to hear appeals on nomination papers submitted by candidates for the forthcoming General Election 2018 after the first phase of the scrutiny process ended. The ECP has formed six tribunals in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, eight in Punjab, four in Sindh, and two in Balochistan.
According to ECP, high court judges will be part of the appellate tribunals, which will start functioning from Wednesday.
As per the election schedule, appeals against rejection or acceptance of nomination papers can be filed by June 22.
The decision on the appeals will be made by June 27, after which the final list of the candidates will be shared on June 28; the last date for withdrawal of candidature will be June 29.
The Returning officers have rejected the nomination papers of Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf chief Imran Khan as well as former premier Shahid Khaqan Abbasi for NA-53 seat.
The nomination papers of four contestants were rejected on Tuesday for submitting incomplete affidavit form.
The nomination papers of former president General (r) Pervez Musharraf and Fauzia Kasuri, who recently joined Pak Sarzameen Party, were also rejected by the concerned returning officer.
- 100 DG Khan students graduate from US-funded English Access program10:09 PM | 5 May, 2021
- Negligence in serving expats unacceptable, PMImran tells Pakistani ...09:49 PM | 5 May, 2021
- Sialkot AC Sonia Sadaf held responsible for Firdous Awan’s outburst ...09:08 PM | 5 May, 2021
- Pak-KSA cooperation will positively impact regional peace, COAS Bajwa ...08:44 PM | 5 May, 2021
- Saboor Aly shares a heartwarming video from her Baat Paki celebration02:50 PM | 5 May, 2021
- Nazish Jahangir sheds light on the controversy with Mohsin Abbas ...02:10 PM | 5 May, 2021