PML-N's Jamal Leghari grilled by constituents for no-show as lawmaker
became furious when people questioned him 'why they should vote for him'.
A video of Leghari's interaction with his people was uploaded to the social media showing him visibly angry when he was questioned about his credibility.
The locals asked him where he was in the last five years when he was a lawmaker citing that they had the right to question a politician in the democratic era.
Upon this Jamal can be seen replying, "Don't talk about democracy, I know democracy better than you".
“چپ کر جا جمہوریت، ہمیں سب پتا ہے جمہوریت، ایک ووٹ کی پرچی وہ بھی اپنے قبیلے کے سردار کو دے رہے ہو اس پر اتنی اکڑ؟ “- جمال لغاری نون لیگ pic.twitter.com/Evlhp8qYDz— Taqveem Ahsan Siddiqui (@TASiddiquis) June 20, 2018
The former minister addressed his people that they were questioning their tribe's leader for just a vote to cast.
Isn't it shameful, he added.
Riled by the blunt and daring behaviour of locals, Leghari said: " I would see you on elections day".
He comes from a family of politicians and landlords. He is the son of former president of Pakistan Farooq Leghari. His grandfather Muhammad Khan Leghari and great-grandfather were both ministers in the British government.
He is the brother of Awais Ahmad Khan Leghari, a Pakistani politician who served as Federal Minister for Power in Abbasi's cabinet from October 2017 to May 2018.
- Meesha Shafi, mother file petition for apology in Ali Zafar ...11:59 PM | 4 Dec, 2021
- Pakistan assures Sri Lanka of justice in Sialkot incident10:55 PM | 4 Dec, 2021
- Babar Azam on top after smashing most 50s and 100s in 202110:28 PM | 4 Dec, 2021
- Indian fighter jet's tyre stolen in Lucknow09:52 PM | 4 Dec, 2021
- WATCH – Shahveer Jafry and Ayesha Beig share details of how they ...08:21 PM | 4 Dec, 2021
- Celebrities dazzle at James Bond-themed party in Karachi04:33 PM | 4 Dec, 2021