China ready to provide platform for intra-Afghan dialogue
BEIJING - China on Wednesday said it was in communication with all relevant parties in Afghanistan to hold an intra-Afghan meeting here to facilitate the peace and reconciliation process.
“Currently, regarding intra-Afghan meeting in China, we are in communication
with all parties in Afghanistan,” Chinese Foreign Ministry’s Spokesperson Geng Shuang said during his regular briefing on Wednesday.
China, he said, firmly supported the broad, inclusive, peace and reconciliation process that was Afghan-led and Afghan-owned.
“We support parties in Afghanistan including the government and Taliban to engage in constructive dialogue,” he added.
The spokesperson said that on the basis of respect and will of all parties in Afghanistan, China stood ready to provide a platform for dialogue between them
and to facilitate the peace and reconciliation process.
According to media reports, the Intra-Afghan talks, earlier scheduled to start on Thursday (November 21) in Beijing, have now been delayed.
The spokesperson did not specifically give details as to why the talks have been delayed and when the talks will be held again, who will attend and what will be the key items on the agenda.
- Sindh police accuse PPP minister of running crime rings amid IGP ...10:57 PM | 16 Jan, 2020
- Saudi-Iran military conflict would prove 'disastrous' for Pakistan, ...09:21 PM | 16 Jan, 2020
- NAB shuts inquiry against PM Imran's close aide Zulfi Bukhari07:49 PM | 16 Jan, 2020
- Asset details: ECP suspends membership of 318 lawmakers including ...07:14 PM | 16 Jan, 2020
- PM Imran takes notice of Faisal Vawda's attitude in talk show06:56 PM | 16 Jan, 2020
- Vanessa Hudgens and Austin Butler reportedly split after 9 years ...03:45 PM | 16 Jan, 2020
- Jemima Goldsmith shares what it’s like to marry a national hero03:26 PM | 16 Jan, 2020
- Saba Qamar to play lead role in Hassan Zia's upcoming film03:09 PM | 16 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019