White House officially refuses to co-operate with impeachment inquiry against President Donald Trump
WASHINGTON - In United States (US), the White House has officially refused to co-operate with the impeachment inquiry against President Donald Trump.
According to media reports, a letter sent to Democratic leaders rejected the inquiry as baseless and constitutionally invalid.
Three Democratic-led House committees are investigating President Donald Trump.
The inquiry is trying to find out if president held back aid to Ukraine to push it to investigate Joe Biden who is running for the Democratic presidential nomination.
The White House letter comes hours after the Trump administration blocked the US ambassador to European Union from appearing before a congressional impeachment investigation, the Radio Pakistan reported.
Meanwhile,Top US Democrat and House speaker Nancy Pelosi in response to White House refusal to cooperate in impeachment probe termed it an "unlawful attempt to hide the facts".
The House Speaker in a statement responded by saying the letter is manifestly wrong, and is simply another unlawful attempt to hide the facts of the Trump Administration's brazen efforts to pressure foreign powers to intervene in the 2020 elections.
- COAS Bajwa meets cancer patient child to fulfill his wish08:31 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- Pakistan surpasses 254,000 cases of coronavirus – 5,357 confirmed ...07:47 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- TECNO’s #GiveMe5withSpark5 challenge breaks a record of 100M views ...07:44 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- China has 440 million licensed drivers07:36 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- Asim and I share a bond beyond anyone’s comprehension: Hania Amir05:22 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- Hadiqa Kiani releases song to pay tribute to Kashmiri Martyrs12:38 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- Nadia Jamil updates her fans about her recovery after chemo12:13 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020