Punjab to launch online system for collection of Abiana
LAHORE – Punjab Irrigation Department has joined hands with Punjab Information Technology Board (PITB) to introduce e-Abiana, a digital mechanism for the automation of water payments collection system and fines through PITB developed e-Pay Punjab system.
Chairman PITB Azfar Manzoor and Secretary Irrigation capt. retired Saif Anjum signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) in the presence of Provincial Minister IT & Higher Education Department Raja Yasir Hamayun and Punjab Minister Irrigation Mohsin Khan Leghari. DG IT Operations PITB Faisal Yousaf was also present at the occasion.
“The project, e-Abiana, would digitalize water collection money received from farmers in the form of Abiana, which would be collected by the Irrigation Department e-Pay Punjab. It would, in particular, enable the department to ensure transparency and make collection of the revenue easier,” Provincial Minister IT and Higher Education Raja Yasir Hamayun stated.
In addition to this, Punjab Minister Irrigation Mohsin Khan Leghari said, “In Punjab alone, the calculated amount of Abiana (water tax) collected is almost PKR 4 billion per annum. The primary objective of e-Abiana is to develop a technology-based solution to generate transparency for collecting Abiana from the farmers.”
“In future, integration of e-Abiana through e-Pay would enable occupiers to pay water taxes and fines through all the branches of banks across Pakistan and via all digital channels of e-Pay,” Chairman PITB Azfar Manzoor commented.
In the recent years, Punjab Irrigation Department has already partnered with PITB for tech-driven initiatives for the innovation and economic development of the province, as well as, to achieve optimal operations and improve public services through ICT interventions.
- At least one dead, three injured in Karachi PC Hotel roof collapse ...12:24 AM | 27 May, 2022
- Pakistani, Indian killed in deadly gas explosion at UAE restaurant11:50 PM | 26 May, 2022
- Six Pakistani peacekeepers honoured posthumously at UN ceremony11:20 PM | 26 May, 2022
- Pakistan fail to qualify for Hockey World Cup after beaten by Japan10:49 PM | 26 May, 2022
- Pakistan increases petroleum prices by Rs30 per litre10:13 PM | 26 May, 2022
- Amna Ilyas’ new bold photo from France sets internet on fire07:13 PM | 26 May, 2022
- Fans share their dance videos to celebrate Ali Zafar’s hit song ...05:50 PM | 26 May, 2022
- Alizeh Shah’s new video of enjoying song in car goes viral04:45 PM | 26 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in most powerful passport list in 2022? ...08:37 PM | 5 Apr, 2022
- International Women's Day - Pakistani women who made a mark globally!09:55 PM | 8 Mar, 2022
- ‘Hybrid regime’: Pakistan among worst nations on EIU's Democracy ...01:22 PM | 12 Feb, 2022