Indian University could not tolerate this truthful Facebook post by Kashmiri student, expels him
Modasir Yousuf, a student of MSc in Organic Chemistry hailing from Kashmir had to pay the price for his objectionable comments on the Uri terror attack which was taken very seriously by the Vice Chancellor, Lt Gen Zameer Uddin Shah.
“AMU vicechancellor Lt Gen Zameeruddin Shah took a serious view of the issue and expelled the student concerned, who was pursuing MSc in organic chemistry from the varsity, after personally probing the matter,” said university spokesman Rahat Abrar. He added, “Lt Gen Shah said that there was no scope at AMU for tolerating any incident which smacked of anti-national sentiments.”
The expelled student had commented “17 Indian army men have been killed by those who have been made terrorists by the (Indian) army itself”
According to the reports, Yousuf offered his apologies later, he reportedly said that he was “carried away by sentiments”. But university authorities went ahead with his expulsion due to the sensitivity of the issue.
- Gold price jumps Rs700 per tola in Pakistan10:22 PM | 20 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan revises up 2020-21 economic growth rate at 5.37%09:50 PM | 20 Jan, 2022
- U19 World Cup: Pakistan set 240-run target for Afghanistan08:46 PM | 20 Jan, 2022
- ‘Bismillah’ – Sharmila Faruqui files cybercrime complaint ...06:49 PM | 20 Jan, 2022
- 'Kana Yaari' – Coke Studio's hijabi rapper Eva B wins hearts07:31 PM | 20 Jan, 2022
- Who has scored most runs in Pakistan Super League? Here’s list of ...01:52 PM | 15 Jan, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in world's most powerful passport list in ...11:27 AM | 13 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan’s Top News Moments of 202110:47 PM | 31 Dec, 2021
- Famous Figures We Lost in 202107:03 PM | 31 Dec, 2021