Student kills professor after disagreement over thesis
The professor, Dr Hj Nurain Lubis, was a 57-year-old lecturer in the Faculty of Education, in the Guidance and Counseling department. A local media report said Lubis and her student, Rormardo Sah Siregar, 21, was having a conversation about Siregar’s thesis, which led to the argument.
Lubis then headed for the bathroom. She was attacked in front of the bathroom on campus at what is known as Building B, as she left the toilet.
Said to have been offended by their conversation, the student slashed Lubis’ neck before she reportedly screamed and collapsed on the floor.
“She was immediately taken to the hospital with her injuries. We do not know why he did it,” said a student quoted in local reports.
Siregar allegedly hid in the bathroom as an angry mob formed outside. He stayed inside until local police apprehended him for further investigation.
- OPPO, Pakistan Tourism ‘Discover the Face of Pakistan’ with the ...10:51 AM | 28 Sep, 2021
- Baby’s head removed from body as Pakistani woman gives birth at ...01:51 AM | 28 Sep, 2021
- School holiday in Lahore today01:35 AM | 28 Sep, 2021
- Inzamam-ul-Haq in hospital after heart attack01:20 AM | 28 Sep, 2021
- Dr Zakir Naik takes to Facebook in search of wife for son12:12 AM | 28 Sep, 2021
- Maryam Nawaz and Kubra Khan look stunning in similar outfits06:04 PM | 27 Sep, 2021
- Ertugrul actress Hande Subaşı's singing video goes viral04:25 PM | 27 Sep, 2021
- Alizeh Shah shares unseen childhood photo05:26 PM | 27 Sep, 2021