Pakistan deplores India’s unilateral suspension of cross-LoC trade
“The Indian action is based on groundless accusations that this mechanism is being used for smuggling, narcotics, fake currency and ‘terrorism’. This litany is all too familiar and in line with India’s frequent attempts to portray legitimate activities of the people in Occupied Jammu and Kashmir as linked to so-called terrorism,” the foreign office said in a statement.
The trade remained as one of the functional Confidence-Building Measures (CBMs) between the two countries, which came about after arduous diplomatic efforts, the foreign office said, adding that India’s unilateral suspension of the Kashmir-related CBM indicated that India is seeking to reverse even the modest gains made by the two countries in the diplomatic domain.
The suspension of the cross-LoC without consulting Pakistan is deeply regrettable, the foreign office added.
“Suspension of cross-LoC trade adds to the economic hardship of the divided Kashmiris and further squeezes the segment of people who could modestly benefit from this facility. In our view, there are better ways of dealing with issues relating to implementation, if any, than resorting to unilateral suspension of important CBMs.”
Talking about Pakistan’s action following Indian action, the foreign office said Pakistan will continue to work for facilitation and enhanced economic interaction among the Kashmiri people, who remain the victims of the situation arising from unresolved nature of the Jammu and Kashmir dispute.
- Marastyal – KPK launches mobile app to lodge complaints against ...08:38 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- Unknown persons booked for disrespecting 'King Priest' at Mohenjo-Daro08:04 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- Magnitude 5.9 earthquake shakes southern Iran, injuring five07:42 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- Complex Pasts: Diverse Futures – It's World Heritage Day!06:49 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- Aamir Liaquat takes a terrible fall during race in Ramadan show ...06:19 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- Imran Abbas appointed goodwill ambassador by Turkey03:19 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- Arjun Rampal, Neil Nitin Mukesh test positive for Covid-1902:01 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- Pakistani passport still fourth-worst for international travel in 202110:31 AM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021: Pakistan issues new guidelines to stem third Covid wave12:15 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Ten Stars who were Student Athletes04:30 PM | 13 Apr, 2021
- Celebrities photoshopped with their younger selves11:41 AM | 9 Apr, 2021