Suicide bombers kill 8, injure 20 before being shot dead by security forces in Charsadda
According to reports, three blasts took place near the gate of Tangi courts in Charsadda city of Khyber Pukhtunkhwa killing a lawyer and three other present in court.
After the blast heavy contingents of police rushed to the site.
DPO Charsadda Sohail Khalid claimed that two of the suicide bombers were gunned down while another one detonated himself and so everyone including the staff and judges at local courts was safe.
He confirmed that at least three to four people were injured during the incident and the rescue operation was underway. After the bombings, reports regarding gunfire also surfaced.
News in Brief
- Three suicide bombers tried to barge into Tungi courts in Charsadda
- Law enforcement personnel took immediate action
- Two suicide bombers gunned down while another detonated himself
- Seven people including a lawyer martyred whereas 20 other were left injured
Emergency has been declared in hospitals of Charsadda, Shabqadar and Peshawar.
Meanwhile, PTI chairman Imran Khan took to Twitter to laud the brave forces.
Condemnable targeting of judiciary/lawyers in Charsadda terror attack - leading to loss of precious lives. Commend police for prompt action— Imran Khan (@ImranKhanPTI) February 21, 2017
- Co-actor held for recording, sharing nude videos of stage actors in ...11:49 AM | 5 Dec, 2021
- Sialkot lynching: Priyantha’s body to reach Sri Lanka on Monday, ...11:27 AM | 5 Dec, 2021
- Nation remembers war hero Major Akram on 50th martyrdom anniversary10:53 AM | 5 Dec, 2021
- M-Tag made mandatory for all vehicles on M2 motorway10:26 AM | 5 Dec, 2021
- PML-N, PPP lock horns as polling begins for NA-133 by-election09:51 AM | 5 Dec, 2021
- Meesha Shafi, mother file petition for apology in Ali Zafar ...11:59 PM | 4 Dec, 2021
- WATCH – Shahveer Jafry and Ayesha Beig share details of how they ...08:21 PM | 4 Dec, 2021
- Katrina Kaif and Vicky Kaushal's wedding 'confirmed'11:26 PM | 4 Dec, 2021