Chris Hemsworth to play Hulk Hogan in Netflix biopic
The streaming service has obtained the life rights from Terry Gene Bollea, aka Hulk Hogan, according to the Hollywood Reporter. Todd Phillips, whose credits include “War Dogs” and “The Hangover,” will direct and John Pollono with Scott Silver will co-write the script. Silver is the writer and director of the upcoming DC Comics film "The Joker."
Hemsworth is best known for portraying "Thor" in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. He has two films opening this summer: "Avengers: Endgame" on April 26, and "Men in Black: International" on June 14.
The film is expected to look into Hogan’s ascent from the Florida wrestling circuit to becoming the face of the World Wrestling Federation in the 1980s where he squared off with villain Andre the Giant.
At his peak, Hogan graced the covers of magazines and headlined a Saturday morning cartoon, according to THR. The term “Hulkamania” was coined in 1984, with Hogan referring to his legions of fans as “Hulkamaniacs” during interviews.
No production or release dates for the Hulk Hogan project are being announced as yet.
Stay tuned for more updates.
- Babar Azam reacts to becoming No.1 ODI batsman in the world (VIDEO)07:32 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Nora Fatehi, Madhuri Dixit set the stage on fire with killer dance ...07:01 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Hundreds of Indian devotees contract COVID-19 at Kumbh festival06:00 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- In world first, New Zealand to roll out climate change law05:40 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Rangers deployed in Punjab districts amid violent TLP protests05:22 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Malaika Arora' latest pics spark engagement rumours04:02 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021: Pakistan issues new guidelines to stem third Covid wave12:15 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Ten Stars who were Student Athletes04:30 PM | 13 Apr, 2021
- Celebrities photoshopped with their younger selves11:41 AM | 9 Apr, 2021
- Ten New IPO Billionaires in 202107:59 PM | 8 Apr, 2021