FBR sends notices to 24 bridal dress designers for 'tax evasion'
KARACHI - Notices were sent to 24 fashion houses and designers by the Federal Bureau of Revenue for tax evasion, earlier this week.
The bureau claims that some designers paid little to no tax despite making a large sum of money per bridal outfit. In a notification issued by the FBR, the bureau said it came across this information while surveying new taxpayers. It added that their declared income did not correspond with their receipts.
Now, the bureau will set up an audit desk to analyse the designers’ tax returns. The list includes Wardah Saleem, Saniya Maskatiya, Waqar J. Khan, Rozina Munib, Saleha, Mahin, Ayesha Sarfaraz, Basic, Sable Vogue, Zuri by Zainab Fawad, House of Farah V and Sanam Chaudhri.
“It came to our notice that we are on this list as clients of an establishment. House of Farah V are compliant of all tax laws and welcome any scrutiny of our records under the law,” clarified House of Farah V on Instagram.
Stay tuned to Daily Pakistan Global for more news and updates.
- Pakistan’s Google team briefs steps towards digitization, computer ...12:44 AM | 4 Jul, 2020
- Daraz Humqadam supports 45,000 businesses, empowers 5,500 SMEs to ...11:14 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Coronavirus — Pakistan to open four western borders from Sunday10:47 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- UAE allows citizens, residents to travel abroad09:53 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- COAS Bajwa expresses grief over loss of lives in Sheikhupura train ...09:04 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Samina Peerzada pays her respects to the late Saroj Khan03:22 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Bollywood choreographer Saroj Khan passes away at 7110:50 AM | 3 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020