Saba Qamar's 'Hindi Medium' bags Best Film at the 2018 Filmfare Awards!
Saba Qamar's film, Hindi Medium has once again made headlines, when the film which also stars Irrfan Khan, bagged five nominations at the 63rd Jio Filmfare Awards held last night in Mumbai.
The film was nominated in the following categories, Best Film, Saba Qamar for Best Actor (Female), Irrfan Khan for Best Actor (Male), Best Director, and Best Supporting Actor (Male)
The movie did fairly well when it won two out of these five; Best Film and Best Actor (Male).
Irrfan Khan went home with an award when he beat both Akshay Kumar (Toilet: Ek Prem Katha) and Shah Rukh Khan (Raees).
Although Saba Qamar lost out to Vidya Balan in the Best Actor (Female) category for her outstanding performance in Tumhari Sulu, Saba has finally left a mark on the Bollywood film industry and has been recognized for her amazing performance as Mita Batra, the wife of an affluent businessman as the film follows their struggle to enroll their daughter into an English medium school.
Here's hoping Saba Qamar continues to thrive and make Pakistan proud!
- Nora Fatehi, Jacqueline Fernandez summoned again in money laundering ...11:30 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- Maryam Nawaz reveals name of her speech writer10:45 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- PDM announces anti-government protests over rising inflation, poverty10:01 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- Hindu extremists force Muslim girl to take off hijab in India (VIDEO)09:36 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- T20 World Cup 2021 – Bangladesh opt to field first against Scotland07:52 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- Aryan Khan vows to make NCB proud after getting out of jail05:27 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021