Saba Qamar's 'Hindi Medium' bags Best Film at the 2018 Filmfare Awards!
Saba Qamar's film, Hindi Medium has once again made headlines, when the film which also stars Irrfan Khan, bagged five nominations at the 63rd Jio Filmfare Awards held last night in Mumbai.
The film was nominated in the following categories, Best Film, Saba Qamar for Best Actor (Female), Irrfan Khan for Best Actor (Male), Best Director, and Best Supporting Actor (Male)
The movie did fairly well when it won two out of these five; Best Film and Best Actor (Male).
Irrfan Khan went home with an award when he beat both Akshay Kumar (Toilet: Ek Prem Katha) and Shah Rukh Khan (Raees).
Although Saba Qamar lost out to Vidya Balan in the Best Actor (Female) category for her outstanding performance in Tumhari Sulu, Saba has finally left a mark on the Bollywood film industry and has been recognized for her amazing performance as Mita Batra, the wife of an affluent businessman as the film follows their struggle to enroll their daughter into an English medium school.
Here's hoping Saba Qamar continues to thrive and make Pakistan proud!
- Pakistan to introduce Asia's first ever e-passport service next year11:58 PM | 8 Dec, 2021
- Olaf Scholz takes over as German chancellor11:40 PM | 8 Dec, 2021
- Aurangabad 'honour killing': Indian teen arrested for beheading ...11:19 PM | 8 Dec, 2021
- Indian lover crashes ex-girlfriend's wedding ceremony in viral video11:03 PM | 8 Dec, 2021
- Earthquake jolts parts of Karachi10:40 PM | 8 Dec, 2021
- Pakistani filmmaker Samar Khan's 'Out Swing' wins at Sport Film ...05:30 PM | 8 Dec, 2021
- Kareena Kapoor and Aryan Khan among most searched celebrities in India03:00 PM | 8 Dec, 2021