PSO and UBER sign exclusive strategic agreement
KARACHI - Pakistan State Oil (PSO), the largest oil marketing company in the country, and Uber, the global ride-hailing service, have signed a strategic partnership agreement.
Through this arrangement, PSO will provide its advanced DIGICASH Fuel Cards, coupled with Fuelink Mobile App and special offerings to the Uber partner drivers.
DIGICASH shall enable a controlled yet convenient fueling experience through which Uber partner captains around the country will be able to monitor their fueling expenses, as well as get special discounts and rewards.
Uber is committed to increase the supply of safe, affordable Uber products in Pakistan and create more economic opportunities to empower the community. Through this partnership, PSO shall be making Uber partner drivers' journey easier and rewarding, thereby benefitting the community at large.
The two organizations agreed to strengthen their cooperation by signing a strategic partnership in a ceremony held at the PSO House, Karachi.
Mr Ghulam Murtaza Shaikh, Deputy General Manager, Cards and Non-Fuel Retail Division - PSO, and Mr Omar Askari, Head of Business Development – Uber, signed the agreement. Mr Shehryar Omar, Senior General Manager - Marketing, PSO, Mr Asif Aslam, General Manager - Retail Fuels, PSO, Mr Asad Raza Faiz, General Manager - Supply, PSO, Mr Imran Rana, Deputy General Manager - Communications & Customer Services, PSO, Mr Syed Sajjad, Deputy General Manager - Legal Affairs, PSO, Ms Ayesha Aleem - Senior BD Associate, Uber, Mr Shahid Khan - Head of Operations, Uber, Ms. Miriam Mehdi - Senior Operations Manager, Uber, and other officials from both sides were present on the occasion.
Speaking about this partnership, Mr. Shehryar Omar, Senior General Manager - Marketing, PSO said: “We are happy to partner with Uber, the leading ride-hailing service in the world, which has been providing a vital service to consumers in Pakistan for several years now. PSO, being the largest national oil marketing company, is committed to providing quality products and services to our consumers. This partnership with Uber will provide convenience, rewards, deals, and discounts to Uber drivers across Pakistan and help them securely manage and track their fuelling expenses.”
Commenting on the partnership, Omar Askari, Head of Business Development, UBER, stated: “Our collaboration with Pakistan’s largest fuel marketing company will benefit Uber partner-drivers through improved earnings with beneficial discounts.”
“We are committed to empowering our communities by enhancing their ability to earn for their families. We see Pakistan as a country with tremendous potential and consider it an honor to play a role in creating better economic opportunities across.”
- Pakistan launches documentary on February-27 response against Indian ...05:38 PM | 26 Feb, 2020
- Women’s T20 World Cup 2020: Pakistan beat West Indies in Canberra05:24 PM | 26 Feb, 2020
- Nazi-inspired RSS ideology taking over India, may lead to bloodshed: ...03:33 PM | 26 Feb, 2020
- Punjab Cabinet declares PML-N Supremo Nawaz Sharif as “absconder”01:46 PM | 26 Feb, 2020
- Greta Thunberg and Malala Yousafzai meet at Oxford University01:17 PM | 26 Feb, 2020
- Hamza Ali Abbasi calls out Hindutva activists, urges world to take ...01:12 PM | 26 Feb, 2020
- Sonya Hussyn was never in my books for MPTH: Khalil ur Rehman12:35 AM | 26 Feb, 2020
- Top 10 most searched people of 2019 in Pakistan06:52 PM | 12 Feb, 2020
- Top five impressive benefits of Orange juice07:14 PM | 6 Feb, 2020
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019