Pakistan to get Rs3.6 billion from EU for Rule of Law
ISLAMABAD – The European Union will provide 3.6 billion rupees for Rule of Law support to Pakistan, according to an agreement signed by Secretary Ministry of Economic Affairs Noor Ahmed and EU Chargé d' Affaires Anne Marchal in the federal capital on Tuesday.
The grant assistance will be utilized in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and Balochistan, the Radio Pakistan reported.
The Rule of Law Programme will be implemented over a period of five years.
1. @EUPakistan will provide total grant assistance worth € 20m i.e RS 3.6 Bn for #KhyberPakhtunkhwa & its newly merged districts (EX-FATA), as well as #Balochistan. The RoL Programme will be implemented over a period of 5 years (2020-2024).@pid_gov@ForeignOfficePk pic.twitter.com/4SfT57QYeH— Economic Affairs Division (@eadgop) July 21, 2020
This programme will also provide technical assistance and capacity building to key government institutions in the security sector and the judiciary at federal and provincial level.
Under this programme, the police and judiciary will be supported in becoming more efficient, accessible for all, and faster in terms of procedures.
The programme will also help citizens to better understand legal matters, their rights and the functioning of the legal system.
Speaking on the occasion, Anne Marchal said this programme aims to provide equal access to justice for all, which is a key policy of the European Union.
- Sindh decides to reopen schools, business activities11:52 PM | 8 Aug, 2020
- England defeat Pakistan by 3 wickets in first Test10:58 PM | 8 Aug, 2020
- 750kg Naswar smuggling attempt foiled in UAE09:26 PM | 8 Aug, 2020
- Pakistan Army launches rescue operation in flood-hit villages of Dadu08:21 PM | 8 Aug, 2020
- Mehwish Hayat requests fans to report TikTok account impersonating her05:31 PM | 8 Aug, 2020
- Abhishek Bachchan tests negative for COVID-19, discharged from ...04:49 PM | 8 Aug, 2020
- Maya Ali and Sheheryar Munawar set to hit the silver screen together04:31 PM | 8 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020