Saudi king dismisses crown prince, appoints son Mohammad Bin Salman
JEDDAH - Saudi Arabia's King Salman Bin Abdulaziz has dismissed the heir to the throne, Crown Prince Mohammed bin Naif, and replaced him with Mohammad Bin Salman, a royal decree published by state news agency SPA reported.
Bin Salman, who has been Saudi defense minister and deputy crown prince, had been appreciated largely on his huge success regarding US President Donald Trump stay in the kingdom during his first world tour.
The thirty-one year old prince has taken a key role in Saudi Arabia's struggle to build its economy beyond the oil industry. He holds primary responsibility for the kingdom's military and energy sector.
The Saudi Press Agency confirmed that 31 out of 34 members of Saudi Arabia's Allegiance Council selected Mohammed bin Salman as new crown prince.
Earlier, in 2015, King Salman relieved Moqren bin Abdul Aziz bin Saud as crown prince and replaced him with then Interior Minister Mohammed bin Naif.
In a video of Al Arabiya news, the former crown prince can be seen pledging allegiance to the newly-appointed Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman at Al-Safa Palace Wednesday.
Meanwhile, Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman has asked citizens of Saudi Arabia to pledge allegiance to Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman at Al-Safa Palace in Makkah after Wednesday night’s Taraweeh prayers.
- Malik Riaz refutes allegations leveled against him in Uzma Khan ...02:01 PM | 31 May, 2020
- Islamabad makes wearing face masks mandatory in all public places12:31 PM | 31 May, 2020
- Pakistan marks “World No Tobacco Day” today11:49 AM | 31 May, 2020
- NDMA activates another two separate hotlines to counter locust, ...11:27 AM | 31 May, 2020
- At least 7 killed, 30 injured after Multan-bound bus overturns near ...10:31 AM | 31 May, 2020
- Zaira Wasim deactivates social media accounts over trolling03:41 PM | 30 May, 2020
- Kylie Jenner is not a billionaire, says Forbes03:09 PM | 30 May, 2020
- Grammy-winning artists from 7 countries collaborate for a Pakistani ...05:16 PM | 29 May, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020