Raisani corruption case: NAB recovers millions in Quetta bakery raid
QUETTA (Staff Report) - The National Accountability Bureau, in another development in Mustaq Raisani’s mega corruption case, has recovered Rs5.7 million, gold, foreign currency and property papers from a bakery in Quetta, Balochistan.
A NAB spokesperson said Saturday that the raid was conducted on Samungli Road on a tip-off provided by contractor Asad Shah.
During the interrogation, Shah has also revealed that a prominent personality of Balochistan had deposited millions of rupees in his chef’s account.
Another alleged facilitator in the case has revealed that he had sent more than Rs500 million to Dubai through hundi (illegal money transfer).
Following the revelations, the anti-corruption watchdog has expanded the scope of investigation and more arrests are likely within next few days.
Raisani was arrested from his office at civil secretariat on May 6 after NAB officials raided his residence and recovered cash amounting to Rs630 million and jewellery worth nearly Rs40 million.
Other accomplices Sohail Majeed, Asad Shah and Khaliqabad Assistant Account Officer Nadeem Iqbal were arrested after interrogation from Raisani.
- Japan extends grant assistance worth 318m JPY to Pakistan09:15 AM | 7 Aug, 2020
- PM Imran welcomes UNSC members for again taking up IIOJ&K dispute08:35 AM | 7 Aug, 2020
- Shan Masood, Muhammad Abbas uplift Pakistan in first England Test12:59 AM | 7 Aug, 2020
- Independence Day — PIA announces major cut in fares09:38 PM | 6 Aug, 2020
- Indian TV actor Sameer Sharma dies by suicide03:26 PM | 6 Aug, 2020
- Angelina Jolie wants reconciliation between Brad Pitt and kids02:57 PM | 6 Aug, 2020
- I had an inferiority complex and grew up applying fairness creams: ...01:31 PM | 6 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020