Raisani corruption case: NAB recovers millions in Quetta bakery raid
QUETTA (Staff Report) - The National Accountability Bureau, in another development in Mustaq Raisani’s mega corruption case, has recovered Rs5.7 million, gold , foreign currency and property papers from a bakery in Quetta , Balochistan .
A NAB spokesperson said Saturday that the raid was conducted on Samungli Road on a tip-off provided by contractor Asad Shah.
During the interrogation, Shah has also revealed that a prominent personality of Balochistan had deposited millions of rupees in his chef’s account.
Another alleged facilitator in the case has revealed that he had sent more than Rs500 million to Dubai through hundi (illegal money transfer).
Following the revelations, the anti-corruption watchdog has expanded the scope of investigation and more arrests are likely within next few days.
Raisani was arrested from his office at civil secretariat on May 6 after NAB officials raided his residence and recovered cash amounting to Rs630 million and jewellery worth nearly Rs40 million.
Other accomplices Sohail Majeed, Asad Shah and Khaliqabad Assistant Account Officer Nadeem Iqbal were arrested after interrogation from Raisani.
- Pakistan Navy ships MOAWIN, ASLAT visit Port Victoria11:25 PM | 19 Jan, 2020
- Over 5,000 prisoners suffering from HIV/AIDS, fatal diseases in ...10:27 PM | 19 Jan, 2020
- Kamyab Jawan Programme: PM Imran likely to distribute loan cheques in ...08:26 PM | 19 Jan, 2020
- Father, son die as vehicle falls into sea in Karachi07:49 PM | 19 Jan, 2020
- Pakistan, Malaysia face identical problems, says PM Imran06:58 PM | 19 Jan, 2020
- Jonas Brothers drop new video featuring their wives02:38 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- Ahmed Ali Butt shares a star-studded selfie and we love it!01:47 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- 60-year-old held for swindling men online using niece’s picture01:30 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019