Afghan envoy meets COAS Bajwa, hails Pakistan’s relentless support in peace process
RAWALPINDI – Najibullah Ali Khil, Afghan Ambassador to Pakistan, on Thursday called on Chief of Army Staff (COAS) General Qamar Javed Bajwa at the General Headquarters (GHQ).
According to Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR), matters of mutual interest, regional security situation including Afghan Peace Process and enhanced bilateral security was discussed during the meeting.
The two leaders also exchanged views on defence cooperation and effective border management between the two brotherly countries, ISPR added.
COAS reiterated that peace in Afghanistan means peace in Pakistan, the ISPR said.
“Our sole aim is helping Afghan’s achieve a peaceful, sovereign, democratic, stable and prosperous Afghanistan,” said COAS Bajwa.
The visiting dignitary appreciated Pakistan’s contributions to conflict prevention in the region and relentless support provided in Afghan Peace Process.
President Alvi vows to cement ties with Saudi ... 03:39 PM | 22 Apr, 2021
ISLAMABAD – President Dr Arif Alvi has said that Pakistan highly values its ties with the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia ...
- Ferozsons Laboratories salutes Healthcare Heroes by lighting National ...11:52 PM | 5 May, 2021
- Pakistan Army captain among three soldiers martyred in Waziristan ...11:02 PM | 5 May, 2021
- 100 DG Khan students graduate from US-funded English Access program10:09 PM | 5 May, 2021
- Negligence in serving expats unacceptable, PMImran tells Pakistani ...09:49 PM | 5 May, 2021
- Saboor Aly shares a heartwarming video from her Baat Paki celebration02:50 PM | 5 May, 2021
- Nazish Jahangir sheds light on the controversy with Mohsin Abbas ...02:10 PM | 5 May, 2021