Imran Khan fails to provide complete financial record in Supreme Court
Khan, in a written reply to the SC, admitted that he had not been able to procure all documents required to substantiate how he came to own assets held in London. Naeem Bukhari, Khan's counsel, submitted the PTI chief's reply in court.
The reply stated that Khan had played county cricket for the Worcestershire County Cricket Club (from 1971) and Sussex County Cricket Club from 1977 to 1988. It said both clubs do not keep records for more than twenty years, which is why the record of his employment and the money Khan made during his association with the team was missing from statements he submitted before the court.
The reply further stated that the flat in London was mortgaged in 1984 and an initial payment was made for 61,000 pounds sterling against the total cost of the flat, which was worth 117,500 pounds. The flat's mortgage was to last 20 years, but was settled in 1989 (within 68 months) after Khan completed all payments due.
The reply further stated that Khan had financed the mortgage from money he received from Sussex and the Kerry Packer cricket series, while money he received for playing for the New South Whales cricket team in Australia (years 1984-1985) was used to finance interest payments on the mortgage.
"The money I made abroad was through legal means and there was no money laundering involved," Khan said in his written reply.
On July 13, the SC directed the PTI chairman to submit financial details for his London flat by July 25.
The SC's registrar office, on July 21, had also sent Imran Khan a notice for not submitting documents that the court had called for.
Chief Justice Mian Saqib Nisar had earlier commented on the matter, saying: "People who call others thieves should be able to provide their own financial details in court."
- Nora Fatehi, Jacqueline Fernandez summoned again in money laundering ...11:30 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- PDM announces anti-government protests over rising inflation, poverty10:01 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- Hindu extremists force Muslim girl to take off hijab in India (VIDEO)09:36 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- T20 World Cup 2021 – Bangladesh opt to field first against Scotland07:52 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- Watch: Trailer of ‘The Batman’ is out now07:42 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- Ayeza Khan’s new dance video goes viral05:43 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- Aryan Khan vows to make NCB proud after getting out of jail05:27 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021