'Skytrain' begins trial runs in China
The train comes with either three or five coaches, with a passenger capacity of 300 and 510 people, respectively.
At a price just one-third that of an underground subway, such trains can reduce the costs of building transportation infrastructure.
The track right above the train is integrated with the “legs” of the train, which protects it from the impacts of bad weather and saves it from the danger of derailment.
Security devices including surveillance system and battery rescue are set to make sure passengers escape quickly and safely in the case of an accident.
"This monorail train uses the latest permanent magnet motor technology, which enables it to have the advantages of larger power, smaller physical volume, lower noise, and lighter weight, thus realising better operating efficiency," says Liu Yuwen, technical director of the project.
The vehicle turret adopts high-speed railway technologies to minimise bumpiness of train movement and make passengers as comfortable as possible. Two noise absorption layers are utilized to diminish vibration and provide a quiet journey.
Apart from its advantage for sightseeing, the suspension also rules out interference with ground transportation.
The climbing capacity of suspended monorail is said to be three times more powerful than subways, which makes it extremely suitable for steep terrains and can ascend gradients of 100 meters over a distance of 1000 meters.
Train's engineers say it can perform nearly three times better than normal subway trains. Already breaking records, it is considered to be quieter, lighter, more environmentally friendly, less expensive and less massive than the subway.
- Nora Fatehi, Jacqueline Fernandez summoned again in money laundering ...11:30 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- Maryam Nawaz reveals name of her speech writer10:45 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- PDM announces anti-government protests over rising inflation, poverty10:01 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- Hindu extremists force Muslim girl to take off hijab in India (VIDEO)09:36 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- T20 World Cup 2021 – Bangladesh opt to field first against Scotland07:52 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- Watch: Trailer of ‘The Batman’ is out now07:42 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- Aryan Khan vows to make NCB proud after getting out of jail05:27 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021