PHC directs statistics department to include Sikh religion in census form
A two-member bench, comprising Chief Justice Yahya Afridi and Justice Ikramullah Khan, announced the judgment while hearing a writ petition filed by the Sikh community on Tuesday against ongoing headcount.
A member of the statistics department, Habibullah, informed the court that the first phase of the census was underway, adding that it would be difficult to include the Sikh religion in the forms immediately.
The court ordered that the necessary amendments to the form should be made in the second phase of the census.
The Sikh community had held a protest in Peshawar on March 20 for being left out of the national census form. They had also appealed to the Supreme Court to pass an order to resolve the issue.
- TECNO MOBILE to revolutionise Pakistani market in 2021 with 13 new ...09:11 PM | 27 Feb, 2021
- PSL 2021, Match 10 – Peshawar Zalmi chase Islamabad United's ...08:59 PM | 27 Feb, 2021
- Snow leopard rescued after falling from cliff in Chitral08:29 PM | 27 Feb, 2021
- Saudi Arabia, Pakistan to promote cooperation in Customs, Tax fields08:00 PM | 27 Feb, 2021
- 'Chaar Darkht' – Ali Gul Pir trolls India in #FantasticTeaDay video05:14 PM | 27 Feb, 2021
- Agha Ali advises Alizeh Shah to be more concerned about her acting ...03:45 PM | 27 Feb, 2021
- Pakistan up three places to 105th spot in EIU's 2020 Democracy Index11:13 AM | 7 Feb, 2021
- 5 famous personalities who were banned from social media06:51 PM | 3 Feb, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- Here's how world leaders responded to Biden's inauguration as POTUS07:24 PM | 21 Jan, 2021