NAB court again rejects Nawaz, Maryam's appearance exemption pleas
Judge Mohammad Bashir has reserved its verdict earlier today while hearing the case regarding Avenfield case filed by the National Accountability Bureau in the light of the Panamagate verdict.
The former prime minister, his daughter and his son-in-law, Captain (retd) Safdar appeared before the court to attend the hearing when they filed the plea in order to go to London to visit ailing Kulsoom Nawaz, who has been undergoing treatment for lymphoma since late last year.
A medical report of Nawaz's wife, Kulsoom, was attached along with the request. Nawaz's counsel Khawaja Haris informed the judge that Kulsoom will be undergoing chemotherapy and her doctors have advised Nawaz's presence at the time of treatment.
In counter-arguments, NAB prosecutor Afzal Qureshi asked the court to not allow the accused as the cases against them had entered in concluding stages.
It is to mention here that the NAB had filed three interim corruption references regarding London properties , Al-Azizia Steel Mills, Flagship Investment and other offshore companies against members of Sharif family. The bureau recently filed supplementary references in all three cases as well.
Wajid Zia, a serving additional director of the Federal Investigation Agency who headed the joint investigation team (JIT) to investigation assets of Sharif family, also appeared in the court and recorded statement.
- Pakistan Navy ships MOAWIN, ASLAT visit Port Victoria11:25 PM | 19 Jan, 2020
- Over 5,000 prisoners suffering from HIV/AIDS, fatal diseases in ...10:27 PM | 19 Jan, 2020
- Kamyab Jawan Programme: PM Imran likely to distribute loan cheques in ...08:26 PM | 19 Jan, 2020
- Father, son die as vehicle falls into sea in Karachi07:49 PM | 19 Jan, 2020
- Pakistan, Malaysia face identical problems, says PM Imran06:58 PM | 19 Jan, 2020
- Jonas Brothers drop new video featuring their wives02:38 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- Ahmed Ali Butt shares a star-studded selfie and we love it!01:47 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- 60-year-old held for swindling men online using niece’s picture01:30 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019