NAB court again rejects Nawaz, Maryam's appearance exemption pleas
Judge Mohammad Bashir has reserved its verdict earlier today while hearing the case regarding Avenfield case filed by the National Accountability Bureau in the light of the Panamagate verdict.
The former prime minister, his daughter and his son-in-law, Captain (retd) Safdar appeared before the court to attend the hearing when they filed the plea in order to go to London to visit ailing Kulsoom Nawaz, who has been undergoing treatment for lymphoma since late last year.
A medical report of Nawaz's wife, Kulsoom, was attached along with the request. Nawaz's counsel Khawaja Haris informed the judge that Kulsoom will be undergoing chemotherapy and her doctors have advised Nawaz's presence at the time of treatment.
In counter-arguments, NAB prosecutor Afzal Qureshi asked the court to not allow the accused as the cases against them had entered in concluding stages.
It is to mention here that the NAB had filed three interim corruption references regarding London properties, Al-Azizia Steel Mills, Flagship Investment and other offshore companies against members of Sharif family. The bureau recently filed supplementary references in all three cases as well.
Wajid Zia, a serving additional director of the Federal Investigation Agency who headed the joint investigation team (JIT) to investigation assets of Sharif family, also appeared in the court and recorded statement.
- Japan extends grant assistance worth 318m JPY to Pakistan09:15 AM | 7 Aug, 2020
- PM Imran welcomes UNSC members for again taking up IIOJ&K dispute08:35 AM | 7 Aug, 2020
- Shan Masood, Muhammad Abbas uplift Pakistan in first England Test12:59 AM | 7 Aug, 2020
- Indian TV actor Sameer Sharma dies by suicide03:26 PM | 6 Aug, 2020
- Angelina Jolie wants reconciliation between Brad Pitt and kids02:57 PM | 6 Aug, 2020
- I had an inferiority complex and grew up applying fairness creams: ...01:31 PM | 6 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020