CM Buzdar needs to market performance, suggests Firdous Ashiq Awan in offbeat interview with Daily Pakistan
In an exclusive conversation with a team of Daily Pakistan on Monday, Awan expressed that as Usman Buzar does not believe in hurling slurs and opting an audacious approach, he was not fitting in well with the culture of the province.
The recently appointed assistant admitted that the Punjab govt's initiatives have not been marketed properly for which she would play a part alongside the chief minister and media outlets.
وزیراعظم کی معاون خصوصی اطلاعات و نشریات ڈاکٹر فردوس عاشق اعوان کی طنز و مزاح سے بھرپور دلچسپ گفتگو آپ بھی براہ راست دیکھئےPosted by Daily Pakistan on Monday, April 22, 2019
Dispelling rumours about the ouster of Usman Buzdar, Awan shared that the frustrated opposition was busy sending messages to the political players and bureaucracy to keep itself alive.
The PTI leader continued that the purpose of her Lahore tour was to improve the perception about Punjab government and improve media coordination for public service delivery and relief initiatives.
To a question about her role regarding shuttle diplomacy between the chief minister, governor and Speaker Punjab Assembly, Awan expressed that Punjab becomes the battleground in elections and it caters to 60 per cent of the population.
Firdous Ashiq Awan shared that her objective was to overcome the disconnect between the federal, Punjab government and media besides addressing the concerns of media workers, owners and unions.
Awan's Favourite Cousine
To a query about her favourite food, Firdous Ashiq Awan replied that she liked DaalChawal (Lentil-Rice) the most, dishing in on the importance of Biryani in elections as well.
Awan attributed her cooking skills to her stint with the United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA) that made her a cook.
When Firdous Ashiq Awan was asked whether she would jump Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf's ship, the politician replied in Punjabi that she would remain a part of the party if allowed the same.
"Menu Maafi dey deyo. Mai hijraat kar kar thak gaye aan, mai khana badosh nai. Menu hun iss ghar wich rehn deyo agar tussi ijazat deyo (I beg your pardon, I am tired of switching loyalties. I am not a gipsy. Let me remain a part of this party if you allow me to do so)," Awan replied stirring waves of laughter.
Roping in Technocrats
To a query about the excessive inclusion of technocrats in the cabinet, the special assistant responded that the current era was an era of international engagement as information has been globalized and dissemination of information could be done through professionals only.
"Term them experts, technocrats, public representatives or professional skilled workers but our objective is performance and delivery," Awan added.
Addressing the rising calls about the need of a presidential system in the country, the politician replied that no such thinking exists in the minds of top leadership as the constitution does not allow such arrangements.
The politician stressed the need for electoral and constitutional reforms which according to her could be brought through the existing parliamentary system.
- PM Imran Khan launches Nandana Fort as heritage site tomorrow11:59 PM | 27 Feb, 2021
- Karachi man who orchestrated 'revenge rape' attack detained10:42 PM | 27 Feb, 2021
- PSL 2021, Match 10 – Peshawar Zalmi beat Islamabad United by 6 ...10:16 PM | 27 Feb, 2021
- Bilal Saeed's 'Baari' crosses 100 million views milestone on Youtube08:56 PM | 27 Feb, 2021
- 'Chaar Darkht' – Ali Gul Pir trolls India in #FantasticTeaDay video05:14 PM | 27 Feb, 2021
- Pakistan up three places to 105th spot in EIU's 2020 Democracy Index11:13 AM | 7 Feb, 2021
- 5 famous personalities who were banned from social media06:51 PM | 3 Feb, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- Here's how world leaders responded to Biden's inauguration as POTUS07:24 PM | 21 Jan, 2021