Govt directs immediate repatriation of stranded Tablighis, Zaireen before Ramazan
ISLAMABAD - The Interior Ministry has directed all Chief Secretaries and Chief Commissioner of Islamabad Capital Territory (ICT) to ensure immediate repatriation of all the stranded Tablighi Jamaat members and Zaireen before the start of fasting month of Ramazan.
The Tablighis and Zaireen should be repatriated in line with the existing standard operating procedure (SOPs), notified by the health authorities and districts administration in the wake of coronavirus, the ministry said in a notification.
The notification also said that strict disciplinary action would be initiated against all those who failed to fulfill their responsibilities.
The interior ministry issued these directives in line with the recommendations of the Functional Committee for the Affectees of Coronvirus. The committee meeting chaired by Speaker National Assembly Asad Qaiser, had advised the ministry to facilitate respectable return of the stranded Tablighis and Zaireen to their homes.
- One boy died, another badly hurt due to dogs biting02:25 PM | 6 Jun, 2020
- Brace Yourselves for the Live Broadcast Launch of TECNO’s Spark 5 ...01:19 PM | 6 Jun, 2020
- Sindh launches online education for primary schools amid COVID-1912:29 PM | 6 Jun, 2020
- COVID-19: Hafeez urges int'l agencies for evaluating losses to ...11:11 AM | 6 Jun, 2020
- Kanye West donates $2 million, establishes college fund for George ...08:24 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- Meghan Markle speaks out about ‘Black Lives Matter’07:17 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- Naveed Raza urges people to stop denying the existence of coronavirus06:51 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020