Shehbaz Sharif released from Lahore jail on bail
LAHORE – Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) President and Leader of the Opposition in the National Assembly Shehbaz Sharif was released from the jail on Friday.
Shehbaz Sharif’s lawyer Azam Nazeer Tarar deposited surety bonds in the accountability court after the Lahore High Court (LHC) issued the former Punjab chief minister’s bail order.
After reviewing the bonds deposited by Sharif, the LHC issued his release orders after which the PML-N president was allowed to leave prison. A small number of workers had gathered outside the prison to welcome the PML-N president.
NAB had arrested Shehbaz Sharif in September 2020 after a bail plea he had filed was turned down and the interim bail was cancelled by the LHC.
The arrest was made in a money-laundering and assets beyond means case filed by NAB earlier.
LHC accepts bail petition of Shehbaz Sharif 12:50 PM | 22 Apr, 2021
LAHORE – The Lahore High Court (LHC) Thursday granted bail to PML-N President Shehbaz Sharif in assets beyond ...
- WATCH - Mufti Muneeb responds to ‘surprise’ Eid announcement, ...12:43 PM | 13 May, 2021
- Palestine marks deadly Eid-ul-Fitr as death toll soars to 69 amid ...12:14 PM | 13 May, 2021
- PM, president, political leaders greet nation on Eid-ul-Fitr11:22 AM | 13 May, 2021
- Pakistani cricketers send out Eid-ul-Fitr greetings to fans10:49 AM | 13 May, 2021
- Currency Exchange Rates in Pakistan today - 2021-May-13-Updated 10:00 ...10:17 AM | 13 May, 2021
- Kasim Khan’s alarming status leaves fans worried04:45 PM | 12 May, 2021
- Ali Gul Pir’s parody on Firdous Ashiq Awan’s statement goes viral03:44 PM | 12 May, 2021
- Superstar Fawad Khan cooks exceptionally well: Sadaf04:10 PM | 12 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021
- 10 Tips for Success during the Last Ashra of Ramadan08:26 PM | 7 May, 2021
- Stars who have insured their body parts07:06 PM | 4 May, 2021
- Best-dressed Stars at Oscars Red Carpet 202105:52 PM | 2 May, 2021