Pak foreign exchange reserves reach $21b
According to a statement, issued by PM Office, Dar on Wednesday informed Prime Minister (PM) Nawaz Sharif that foreign exchange reserves have reached a record high of $21 billion. He said of the $21bn in foreign exchange reserves, $16billion are with the State Bank of Pakistan (SBP), while $5billion remain with commercial banks.
The finance minister said SBP's share has, during the last year, increased from $3bn to $16 billion.
PM Nawaz lauded the performance of the economic team led by Dar, and observed that Pakistan is back on track with respect to economic growth. He said political stability had improved security in the country, and transparency in public sector governance had also resulted in growth.
- FIA Lahore summons Salman Shahbaz05:54 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- 640 new coronavirus cases reported; one death in past 24 hours in ...04:31 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- APC flimsy attempt to put pressure on govt: Shibli04:01 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- We will continue to restore democracy by removing PTI govt: Zardari03:43 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- Prince Harry, Meghan Markle make it to the list of Time’s 100 most ...01:14 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- Keanu Reeves reveals that The Matrix 4 is to be a Love Story01:11 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- I learnt how to ride a bike for 'Quaid e Azam Zindabad': Mahira Khan06:11 PM | 19 Sep, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020