Channel 24 license suspended, Rs 1 million fine also imposed over airing of unverified audio clip of PIA air crash
Besides the license suspension, a fine of Rs1 Million has also been imposed on the TV channel.
PEMRA had immediately issued a show cause notice to the channel directing its management to file a reply by Dec 15, 2016. The channel management was not able to provide a satisfactory reply.
The Authority’s decision has also been conveyed to PAKSAT and instructions have been issued to PAKSAT to implement PEMRA decision in letter and spirit. Separate instructions have also been issued to the cable operators to follow the decision.
PEMRA authority meeting also discussed non-payment of the outstanding dues (Rs.1 million) by Punjab TV for last two years and decided to suspend its license.
- Imran Khan's billionaire friend wins defamation suit against Indian ...10:42 PM | 3 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani fans excited but were Ms. Marvel scenes really shot in ...08:59 PM | 3 Jul, 2022
- Search operation under way for missing French paraglider in Gilgit ...08:25 PM | 3 Jul, 2022
- Hassan Ali’s adorable birthday celebration with wife goes viral04:49 PM | 3 Jul, 2022
- Komal Baig blessed with a baby boy04:13 PM | 3 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022
- 42 Pakistani universities make it to Times Higher Education Asia ...07:52 PM | 1 Jun, 2022
- Four Pakistanis make it to Forbes 30 Under 30 Asia List 202209:53 PM | 28 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022