Google rolls out Oreo 8.1 feature with Wi-Fi network speed for Android users
The new feature does not provide detailed Wi-Fi information and exact bandwidth readings. Instead it will give you categories that help users to identify which Wi-Fi connections are better than others.
In order to check the network speed, users will have to go to the Settings app on their smartphones. Under the Network and Internet tab, they have to go to the Wi-Fi list. From the listed networks, the user needs to select one that needs to be connected. Further, connection speed will be shown under the names of public networks. Notably, the displayed speed can change with signal strength.
Public Wi-Fi can be spotty. For the first time, #AndroidOreo 8.1 lets you take out the guesswork & see the speed of networks before you hit connect. Rolling out now: https://t.co/lSzvCFgNk7 pic.twitter.com/60EmoPxUX4— Android (@Android) January 22, 2018
The difference between Very Fast and Fast, according to Google, is that you can stream “very high-quality videos” on the former and “most videos” on the latter. Most coffee shop dwellers should be fine with the OK level, as that’s enough for web browsing, social media, and Spotify streaming.
- Slow (under 1Mbps): If you can use Wi-Fi calling, you can make phone calls and send texts.
- OK (1-5Mbps): You can read web pages, use social media, and stream music.
- Fast (5-20Mbps): You can stream most videos.
- Very Fast (20Mbps and above): You can stream very high-quality videos.
- Will sit on opposition benches if loses confidence vote, says PM Imran07:12 PM | 4 Mar, 2021
- ECO Summit – PM Imran stresses regional connectivity for development06:35 PM | 4 Mar, 2021
- German envoy meets Pakistan Army chief, pledges to boost bilateral ...05:57 PM | 4 Mar, 2021
- Who can attend Hajj 2021? Saudi Arabia makes key announcement05:37 PM | 4 Mar, 2021
- IHC orders removal of ex-ISI chief Durrani’s name from ECL04:53 PM | 4 Mar, 2021
- Rakhi Sawant and brother Rakesh accused of fraud02:22 PM | 4 Mar, 2021
- Mahira Khan faces backlash for supporting Mera Jism Meri Marzi slogan02:05 PM | 4 Mar, 2021
- Deepika Padukone and Tiger Shroff accused of plagiarism07:21 PM | 3 Mar, 2021
- 10 celebrities who are left-handed05:11 PM | 28 Feb, 2021
- Pakistan up three places to 105th spot in EIU's 2020 Democracy Index11:13 AM | 7 Feb, 2021
- 5 famous personalities who were banned from social media06:51 PM | 3 Feb, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021