Punjab govt defends CM Shehbaz against Imran Khan’s Twitter attacks
The chairman of Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf, Imran Khan on Tuesday dealt an online blow to Shehbaz Sharif accusing the chief minister of Punjab of receiving kickbacks in development projects. “Ashiana housing scam is tip of iceberg. Much bigger scams will be uncovered once probe by NAB starts on sasti roti, metros, esp orange train where the contract has been kept under wraps, massive kickbacks in Punjab road construction contracts, Danish schools etc,” wrote the PTI chief.
Shahbaz Sharif's Ashiana housing scam is tip of iceberg. Much bigger scams will be uncovered once probe by NAB starts on sasti roti, metros, esp orange train where the contract has been kept under wraps, massive kickbacks in Punjab road construction contracts, Danish schools etc
He also lambasted Shehbaz Sharif for “attacking" the National Accountability Bureau (NAB), urging him to face all charges and disprove them.
Why is SS crying about victimisation already? I faced probe for one year in the SC despite never holding any public office so why is SS attacking NAB?
If he is clean he should face all charges like I did and disprove them.
To the surprise of many, the Government of Punjab quickly jumped in to defend the chief executive and tweeted back, reminding the PTI chief that he himself is facing corruption allegations, the government wrote: “Despite passage of months, u have yet 2 respond to 3 defamation cases filed by CM Punjab against u 4 making BASELESS allegations against him.”
Thank u Sir 4 acknowledging various projects of Punjab. Despite passage of months, u have yet 2 respond to 3 defamation cases filed by CM Punjab against u 4 making BASELESS allegations against him. If u r so concerned about alleged corruption, Y don't u appear in court & respond? https://t.co/CHFAw9BLV8
Through its official handle, the provincial administration even provided a video link to CM’s presser in which he “responded to all 3 bogus, misleading & fabricated allegations in Aashina housing with facts, figures & record.”
CM responded to all 3 bogus, misleading & fabricated allegations in Aashina housing with facts, figures & record. In case U missed presser, here is link, Sire: https://t.co/ThGtCtLZoq
CM had option of representation by legal counsel but didn't hide himself under any technicality: https://t.co/nYiMhL090w
Twitteratis were definitely not happy about the government using its official handle for such a ‘cover fire’ in this political assault.
Not for official govt handle to respond. Let his personal account do it.
— Musa (@MosesDurrani) January 23, 2018
He is blaming SS. How an official govt account would respond to defend someone's personal corruption?
— Tenacious IK (@Wasim_Wazir) January 23, 2018
I assumed this is official government handle but then we don't have anything official in this Sharifland!
— Nawaz Bajwa (@NawazBajwa) January 23, 2018
- Myanmar soldiers use threatening TikTok videos to curb protests ...08:35 PM | 4 Mar, 2021
- Will sit on opposition benches if loses confidence vote, says PM Imran07:12 PM | 4 Mar, 2021
- ECO Summit – PM Imran stresses regional connectivity for development06:35 PM | 4 Mar, 2021
- German envoy meets Pakistan Army chief, pledges to boost bilateral ...05:57 PM | 4 Mar, 2021
- Who can attend Hajj 2021? Saudi Arabia makes key announcement05:37 PM | 4 Mar, 2021
- Rakhi Sawant and brother Rakesh accused of fraud02:22 PM | 4 Mar, 2021
- Mahira Khan faces backlash for supporting Mera Jism Meri Marzi slogan02:05 PM | 4 Mar, 2021
- Deepika Padukone and Tiger Shroff accused of plagiarism07:21 PM | 3 Mar, 2021
- 10 celebrities who are left-handed05:11 PM | 28 Feb, 2021
- Pakistan up three places to 105th spot in EIU's 2020 Democracy Index11:13 AM | 7 Feb, 2021
- 5 famous personalities who were banned from social media06:51 PM | 3 Feb, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021