CPEC; SEZs, roads, motorways & energy projects to change fate of Pakistan: Asim Bajwa
ISLAMABAD - Special Assistant to Prime Minister on Information and Broadcasting, Lt. Gen (Retd) Asim Saleem Bajwa, , who is also Chairman of China Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC) Authority, has said that Special Economic Zones (SEZs), roads, motorways, and energy projects under the CPEC will change fate of the country.
Talking to a private news channel, Asim Saleem Bajwa said that Prime Minister Imran Khan has given special directives to speed up the projects falling under the CPEC, adding that work on SEZs is rapidly being carried out in Faisalabad, Karachi, Rashakai areas.
Asim Saleem Bajwa said priority is being given to generate cheap electricity, and for this purpose, domestic coal would be utilized.
On Western route of the CPEC, he said progress has also been made on a motorway project from Dera Ismail Khan to Zhob.
Replying to a question, the chairman CPEC Authority said out of 17 power projects, nine have been completed so far.
“We will now move towards agriculture as well under the CPEC,” he said and added CPEC has become a joint science and technology working group while tourism has also been included in these projects.
- Sindh decides to reopen schools, business activities11:52 PM | 8 Aug, 2020
- England defeat Pakistan by 3 wickets in first Test10:58 PM | 8 Aug, 2020
- 750kg Naswar smuggling attempt foiled in UAE09:26 PM | 8 Aug, 2020
- Pakistan Army launches rescue operation in flood-hit villages of Dadu08:21 PM | 8 Aug, 2020
- Mehwish Hayat requests fans to report TikTok account impersonating her05:31 PM | 8 Aug, 2020
- Abhishek Bachchan tests negative for COVID-19, discharged from ...04:49 PM | 8 Aug, 2020
- Maya Ali and Sheheryar Munawar set to hit the silver screen together04:31 PM | 8 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020