CPEC; SEZs, roads, motorways & energy projects to change fate of Pakistan: Asim Bajwa
ISLAMABAD - Special Assistant to Prime Minister on Information and Broadcasting, Lt. Gen (Retd) Asim Saleem Bajwa, , who is also Chairman of China Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC) Authority, has said that Special Economic Zones (SEZs), roads, motorways, and energy projects under the CPEC will change fate of the country.
Talking to a private news channel, Asim Saleem Bajwa said that Prime Minister Imran Khan has given special directives to speed up the projects falling under the CPEC, adding that work on SEZs is rapidly being carried out in Faisalabad, Karachi, Rashakai areas.
Asim Saleem Bajwa said priority is being given to generate cheap electricity, and for this purpose, domestic coal would be utilized.
On Western route of the CPEC, he said progress has also been made on a motorway project from Dera Ismail Khan to Zhob.
Replying to a question, the chairman CPEC Authority said out of 17 power projects, nine have been completed so far.
“We will now move towards agriculture as well under the CPEC,” he said and added CPEC has become a joint science and technology working group while tourism has also been included in these projects.
- Bisma Maroof takes indefinite break from cricket as 'motherhood ...07:26 PM | 16 Apr, 2021
- Pakistan appoints fourth finance minister in two years in latest ...07:02 PM | 16 Apr, 2021
- CPEC guarantor of Pakistan's progressive future: Ch. Sarwar06:33 PM | 16 Apr, 2021
- Sirbaz Khan, Abdul Joshi become first Pakistani climbers to summit ...06:02 PM | 16 Apr, 2021
- Hassan Ali pens birthday note for ‘beautiful wife’04:40 PM | 16 Apr, 2021
- Kareena Kapoor Khan gives insight into her weekend04:17 PM | 16 Apr, 2021
- Meera all set to launch her clothing and lipstick line03:51 PM | 16 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021: Pakistan issues new guidelines to stem third Covid wave12:15 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Ten Stars who were Student Athletes04:30 PM | 13 Apr, 2021
- Celebrities photoshopped with their younger selves11:41 AM | 9 Apr, 2021
- Ten New IPO Billionaires in 202107:59 PM | 8 Apr, 2021