Did the Sindh Transport Minister call a PML-N woman parliamentarian "maasi" (maid) out of respect?
According to reports, Sindh Minister for Transport Mumtaz Jakhrani, during his speech, referred to a female legislator as ‘maasi’ (maid), causing uproar among the opposition benches.
The minister, however, did not name anyone directly in his speech. However, reports suggest that he was referring to a PML-N legislator.
The word ‘maasi’ in Sindhi is also used for the sister of mother or maternal aunt.
Earlier, the federal Minister for Defense and Water & Power Khawaja Asif also came under fire for making sexist, disparaging remarks about PTI MNA Shireen Mazari, who sits on the opposition benches in the National Assembly.
- Dutchwoman named world's tallest bodybuilder by Guinness World Records05:31 PM | 21 Oct, 2021
- Sheikh Rashid to watch Pak-India T20 match in Dubai04:20 PM | 21 Oct, 2021
- FM Qureshi, DG ISI in Kabul to discuss bilateral ties with ...03:59 PM | 21 Oct, 2021
- Interior minister updates PM Imran on law & order, security03:25 PM | 21 Oct, 2021
- 'Begum Shak Karti Hey' – Saba Qamar and Abrar Ul Haq share teaser ...02:59 PM | 21 Oct, 2021
- Dananeer Mobeen wins hearts as she recites Qaseeda Burda Shareef02:32 PM | 21 Oct, 2021
- Usman Mukhtar and Zunaira Inam glow at their dreamy mayoun ceremony01:11 PM | 21 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021