Nawaz Sharif moves court for seeking relief under NAB amendments ordinance
LAHORE – PML-N supremo and former prime minister Nawaz Sharif on Friday approached the accountability court for relief in corruption cases under NAB Amendments Ordinance 2022.
As per details, Nawaz Sharif filed the petition in the accountability court against declaring him absconder in the plot allotment case.
Nawaz Sharif, in his plea, stated that as per new NAB amendments, corruption cases worth less than Rs500 million cannot be taken up by graft-buster body as he is accused of Rs130 million corruption in the case.
Citing the acquittal of three accused in the corruption reference, the former prime minister has pleaded with the court to end the reference and order revival of his seized assets.
The complaint of misappropriation in allotment of LDA plots had been reported on April 3 – 2000 against then chief minister Nawaz Sharif as he allegedly provided an exemption for the plots with the nexus of LDA director general.
Bill Gates reiterates support for flood-hit ... 10:39 AM | 23 Sep, 2022
NEW YORK – Bill Gates, co-chair of the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, met Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif in ...
- PAKvENG: Pakistan bat first against England in 5th T20I07:00 PM | 28 Sep, 2022
- Sara Inam laid to rest in Islamabad; father vows to fight till ...06:56 PM | 28 Sep, 2022
- BCCI rejects England's offer to host Pakistan-India series06:33 PM | 28 Sep, 2022
- Ahmed Ali Butt and Ahmed Ali Akbar trolled for recreating Oscar slap06:12 PM | 28 Sep, 2022
- Hamza Ali Abbasi pens a sweet birthday wish for sister Dr Fazeela03:59 PM | 28 Sep, 2022
- Pakistan, India lose ranking on UN’s human development index07:32 PM | 10 Sep, 2022
- Movies lineup for 2022-23 in Pakistan08:01 PM | 1 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani passport ranked 4th worst on list of 19911:59 PM | 23 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022